Local police at their best...

GregV814

This morning a combined effort between Calvert Sheriffs and MSP was quite impressive. Their heroic actions took place between Lusby and St. Leonard on Route 4. Illegals running rampant on the Northbound lanes had no escape. Yesireeee. those unlucky bastards had no chance. Am I talking about illegal, ( I mean undocumented leeches?) No. I am talking about hard working Americans going to work to support those non-employed pimples of the Earth. Their crime??? Probably doing 62 in a 55. On a stretch between St. Leonard and Lusby I counted 5-6 traffic stops at the same time. Those scoundrels!!!

Again, these are people GOING TO WORK while the criminal element was breaking into houses or just sleeping till 2-3PM.

One guy told me he was going North from Lusby and was stopped and ticketed for having lumber hang from the back of his truck with no red flag on the lumber> Adding to that the trooper followed him from the stop to a local hardware store!

Well, lives were saved. But in closing, I will admit the troopers looked well dressed with sharp creases and demeanor. The Sheriff's deputies looked like they just serviced a car at Jiffy Lube with those grey mechanics uniforms...

Good luck with that Mike November is coming...

inkah

One guy told me he was going North from Lusby and was stopped and ticketed for having lumber hang from the back of his truck with no red flag on the lumber> Adding to that the trooper followed him from the stop to a local hardware store!

So what else did you get at the hardware store? Or did you save all your money for your ticket?

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm certainly no fan of speed enforcement as a means of actually increasing safety. That said, I'll bet that very few, if any, of the people pulled were only at 62. Most officers wont pull for less than 10 over, even though over 90% or better of citations are written for less, as the officers knock off a few mph. Even at that, they can bag the limit pretty easy. Especially on a stretch where the average is up there about 7-8 over.

Sheriff/Barrack Commander gets to claim they making people safer, deputies/troopers get numbers for evaluations, citizens feel safer, even though it doesn't do Jack Schitt in that regard. It's eye candy, that's all. Doesn't even make the county/State any money. Still and all, hardly the downfall of Western Civilization.

Chris0nllyn

I'm certainly no fan of speed enforcement as a means of actually increasing safety. That said, I'll bet that very few, if any, of the people pulled were only at 62. Most officers wont pull for less than 10 over, even though over 90% or better of citations are written for less, as the officers knock off a few mph. Even at that, they can bag the limit pretty easy. Especially on a stretch where the average is up there about 7-8 over.

Sheriff/Barrack Commander gets to claim they making people safer, deputies/troopers get numbers for evaluations, citizens feel safer, even though it doesn't do Jack Schitt in that regard. It's eye candy, that's all. Doesn't even make the county/State any money. Still and all, hardly the downfall of Western Civilization.

I've been pulled over for 48 in a 40 once.

Then he asked if I had an "land mines or bazookas" in the car. Obviously this is a tactic to see how you respond. If you act nervous, you have something to hide.

Good thing he didn't find my AT4.

glhs837

Power with Control
I've been pulled over for 48 in a 40 once.

Then he asked if I had an "land mines or bazookas" in the car. Obviously this is a tactic to see how you respond. If you act nervous, you have something to hide.

Good thing he didn't find my AT4.

Note the "very few" part of my post :) Usually, if they pull you for ten under, it's either a Richard Cranium, or something triggered the ol' LEO sensor and they want a closer look.

FollowTheMoney

It's an election year. Also, all agencies are trying to justify their staffing levels and budgets. "Look, look, look, see, we are working hard to 'keep you safe from yourself.'"
Don't you feel good? SUCKERS!!!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't suppose it occurs to you all to simply....not speed? Especially in areas where the cops are running radar?

Or would that be too much slavery for you?

MMDad

Lem Putt
Here's an idea - instead of getting mad at the cops who are doing exactly what we, the people, hired them to do, run for the legislature on a "get rid of speed limits" platform. If you don't have the balls to do that then just sit there and take your ticket, thank the cop, and go on your way. And quit crying about it.

GregV814

Thanks for the insults and sardonic retorts. By the way I did a total of 35 years between 2 police agencies, just retiring in April this year. My point is two-fold. With an operator, that radar team was 7-8 police officers detailed to enforce the speed limit on Rt. 4. I understand the limit has been set. But those folks driving North at that hour of the morning were on their way to work, earning a paycheck. Why not employ a single trooper with his flashers on the note his presence and allow the folks to get a message that way?

Secondly, the Sheriff's Office has reduced its professional appearance by allowing the Deputies wear scruffy grey army style fatigues that resemble that of a plumber. Are they tactical officers? Why not wear their baseball hats on backwards???

FollowTheMoney

Secondly, the Sheriff's Office has reduced its professional appearance by allowing the Deputies wear scruffy grey army style fatigues that resemble that of a plumber. Are they tactical officers? Why not wear their baseball hats on backwards???
100% in agreement! There is no more professionalism in the Sheriff's dept, anymore. If they are not in their mechanics uniform, they are dressed as a wanna be commando in green fatigues, vest and a side arm strapped to their leg. Even to write tickets. Those commando wannabes were even present at the last Marine Museum concert. Who is the enemy here? In addition, where is the personal pride of an officer being fit and in shape? I'd say at least half of the deputies in Calvert are fat and out of shape. Where is the leadership in the Sheriff's dept!!!!

Here is a good read: The overcriminalization of American people

Hank

my war
Hope when you douchebags need a cop, you don't call them, seeing how they are so worthless.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I will admit the troopers looked well dressed with sharp creases and demeanor. The Sheriff's deputies looked like they just serviced a car at Jiffy Lube with those grey mechanics uniforms...

Good luck with that Mike November is coming...

Thanks for the insults and sardonic retorts. By the way I did a total of 35 years between 2 police agencies, just retiring in April this year.
Oooh, another Mike Evans hater. :bigwhoop: Your agenda is showing

frequentflier

happy to be living
I was listening to the scanner for about 20 to 30 minutes when they were pulling people over today. I cannot recall anyone being pulled over for anything under 70 MPH. IMHO, 15+ over - you are asking for trouble!

mamatutu

mama to two
I was listening to the scanner for about 20 to 30 minutes when they were pulling people over today. I cannot recall anyone being pulled over for anything under 70 MPH. IMHO, 15+ over - you are asking for trouble!

Is this something new that they report speed over the radio? Whenever, I listen to the scanner, the cops just call in plates, car make, and DL on the subject they pull over. I haven't listened for a long time. Maybe things have changed. Just wondering.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Is this something new that they report speed over the radio? Whenever, I listen to the scanner, the cops just call in plates, car make, and DL on the subject they pull over. I haven't listened for a long time. Maybe things have changed. Just wondering.

It sounded as if there were some officers running radar and reporting to other officers up the road. There were descriptions of vehicle- make and color, the driver and passengers and the speed. Some descriptions I heard were driver has cigarette in left hand, driver has white shirt and hair pulled back, truck has a garbage can in back. It also sounded like there were some GPS coordinates given (in the event someone contested the ticket?)

mamatutu

mama to two
It sounded as if there were some officers running radar and reporting to other officers up the road. There were descriptions of vehicle- make and color, the driver and passengers and the speed. Some descriptions I heard were driver has cigarette in left hand, driver has white shirt and hair pulled back, truck has a garbage can in back. It also sounded like there were some GPS coordinates given (in the event someone contested the ticket?)

Oh, ok. So it is the buddy system, like when they hide in camo in the woods and report to the cop down the road. I had never heard any of that on the scanner (always thought they did that stuff on a different frequency). I guess I don't show up because they are not going to report an old lady driving 5 miles over. :lol: It hasn't been brought up in ages on the forum about you and dgates sponsoring the scanner. I assume y'all still do. Thanks again for that service.

Edit: I just went to somd scanners. A lot has changed. I see you frequentflier now as the sponser, and not just Peppers Pet Pantry. There are new options for how to listen. Good job. Thanks again. :yay:

Last edited: