Leafgaurd gutters, made of Vibranium?

glhs837

Power with Control
Holy hell. Had a guy come give me a quote. House has two gutter sections. Gutter, drip edge, three downspouts 1 story tall. About 30 feet on each of the two sides. No fascia or soffit work. Was 5K, but could get it knocked down to $4500 or so......

mamatutu

mama to two
We bought our own gutter guard slide ins at Lowes. They work well. It didn't cost much, except for the trauma of getting up on the ladder, and dealing with extreme slanted roofs; as in chalet style roofing. Other than that it was cost effective. The coverings cost us $150 and we had extras left over. We also painted them to match the brown roof, and existing brown gutters with the exterior paint that we already had. They only came in white, and I am pretty sure one size fits all.

Now, if I could find a cheap fix for my rotting front Anderson wooden double paned window frames (25 year old house with crank window openers). One front set is rotting so has caused the double panes to become milky and can't see through, so the other has to be replaced to match. Quotes we have gotten are out the roof! :lol: Any suggestion on that dilemma? Thanks.

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
Mama, you say Anderson. Is it the window frame or the sashes? If it's the sashes, look this over.

http://www.andersenwindows.com/plan...nversion-kit-replacement-window-installation/

Since this is what was put in my house in 1986, I plan on doing this. Still not cheap, but it's a DIY install, and far less intrusive than total replacement

Thanks, glhs. The website is helpful. They are crank casement windows. The frame is rotting on two insider corners of the window; which I guess technically is the sash. The double glass would have to be replaced to because it was compromised; thus the cloudiness. It is only one window of a set of two. So, because one window is rotting, we have to replace 4 (2 sets) because they are the focal point of the first story of the house. Sucks! But, such is homeownership. But we will definitely look into a piecemeal replacement instead the whole dang thing. I am just worried because of the age that we won't find the right fit. Thanks again. Good luck with your gutter cover decision.

Last edited: