Concealed Carry

J

justhangn

Maryland DOES allow DC police to carry their weapons.....

dustin

UAIOE
House Bill 859

"This bill alters current law provisions relating to handgun permits in Maryland"...

"State Effect: General fund revenues would decrease by about $9,900 in FY 2005, and general fund expenditures would increase by $381,500. Out-years reflect annualization, inflation, and renewal automobile purchases. "

"Prior Introductions: Similar bills have been introduced in recent years. HB 605 of 2002 and HB 806 of 2001 each received an unfavorable report from the House Judiciary Committee. In 2000, HB 597 was not reported from the House Judiciary Committee. In 1999, HB 736 received an unfavorable report from the House Judiciary Committee. "

The Maryland State Police control the issue of CCW permits. Sounds to me like they just don't want to lose funding as the bill projects...

House Bill 859 info...

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
Speaking of concealed weapons. On the flight back from Reno I was sitting there minding my own business when this dude got up and was waiting by the lavatory. I glance away from the inflight movie and notice his shirt was hiked up revealing a big ass 9MM strapped to his side. He quickly covered it back up and went into the head. I few seconds later the turbo hottie flight attendant came by and I asked her if she knew there was an armed man on board. She blushed and said "How did you know?" I said because the dude was just stadning here with his gun hanging out. She said he was an FBI agent enroute back to DC. It was a little startling for a second seeing a 9MM on a plane.

dustin

UAIOE
Re: Re: Concealed Carry

Originally posted by Nickel
Maybe that's cause they don't want just anyone to carry a concealed firearm. :dur: Would you trust my brother with a gun in public?

NOT anyone.

still have to have all the same background checks as the current one but the big kicker is that the the person trying to get the license wouldnt have to have a “Good and substantial reason” according to the current law:

1. Owner or employee of a business;

2. Professional Activities; (Doctors, Lawyers, Pharmacists, etc.), must produce evidence of threats or assaults.

3. Correctional Officer or Jail Guard;

4. Former Police Officer, either resigned or retired must produce evidence of tenure in law enforcement, documented proof of apprehended fear, such as a letter from last commander or copies of police reports indicating threats and/or assaults.

5. Security Guard/Special Police/Private Detective;

6. Personal Protection; must be documented evidence of recent threats and/or assaults, supported by police reports and/or notarized statements.

These are the only people that can obtain one. That and uppity up politicians....

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Re: Concealed Carry

Originally posted by dustin
NOT anyone.

Okay, what would your justification be for carrying a concealed weapon? Fighting back drunk men at IHOP doesn't count. :wink:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Concealed Carry

what would your justification be for carrying a concealed weapon?

How about the fact that a person isn't a felon, mental patient, or a criminal...oh, and then there's that little thing called the 2nd amendment.

dustin

UAIOE
Re: Re: Re: Re: Concealed Carry

Okay, what would your justification be for carrying a concealed weapon? Fighting back drunk men at IHOP doesn't count. :wink:

That's what the bill was NOT gonna do...require a justification...I found out that the bill has already failed on the committee level. We can probably forget about it having another go until next year...

As it stands right now I have NO justification. But I could get a Florida CCW permit....but its not good in Maryland...a lot of good that does me.

Like carrying a firearm is SO much more dangerous than Ms. soccer mom driving a 3 ton SUV through a red light with its hood ornamant aimed right at me on my motorcycle...

Spoiled

Originally posted by Pete
Speaking of concealed weapons. On the flight back from Reno I was sitting there minding my own business when this dude got up and was waiting by the lavatory. I glance away from the inflight movie and notice his shirt was hiked up revealing a big ass 9MM strapped to his side. He quickly covered it back up and went into the head. I few seconds later the turbo hottie flight attendant came by and I asked her if she knew there was an armed man on board. She blushed and said "How did you know?" I said because the dude was just stadning here with his gun hanging out. She said he was an FBI agent enroute back to DC. It was a little startling for a second seeing a 9MM on a plane.
they have been on flights since 9-11...

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Concealed Carry

Originally posted by Sharon
How about the fact that a person isn't a felon, mental patient, or a criminal...oh, and then there's that little thing called the 2nd amendment.
From my end, this isn't a political discussion.

rraley

I honestly do not see a purpose for carrying a concealed weapon or do I see a purpose of keeping a gun for protection (it always seems that the person that breaks in is gonna get you anyway). Maybe I am just too trusting. But you know that is MY personal decision. Many others on this forum and in this nation have come to a different conclusion and they deserve to have a concealed weapon provided that they are not felons and do not have criminal backgrounds.

Spoiled

I see no use in having hand held weapons, people dont really use them to hunt.... Riffles are good though, people use them to hunt and what not... If you want something for protection its not hard to put a shotgun uner or next to your bed...

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Concealed Carry

As it stands right now I have NO justification. But I could get a Florida CCW permit....but its not good in Maryland...a lot of good that does me.
Why don't you just wait a couple years, maybe you'll end up in a state where it'll be easier to get one.

dustin

UAIOE
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Concealed Carry

Why don't you just wait a couple years, maybe you'll end up in a state where it'll be easier to get one.

I'm gonna have to...for now a tire iron and my ugly mug will have to suffice....

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Concealed Carry

I'm gonna have to...for now a tire iron and my ugly mug will have to suffice....
Why not just get some ninja stars? :shrug:

willie

Why is carrying a weapon so important? Where is the threat? The current regs sound fine to me but I am absolutely, totally against taking the weapons out of my home or your home. A bad temper is not necessarily a crime and there are a lot of loose brained nasty people out there that don't have criminal records and I don't need them to have a weapon.