Small Black SUV

goughrmak

Heading South on 235 this morning around 6:05, I was the ONLY person on the road (not sure where everyone else was), then some "friendly driver" decided to head South out of Pegg Road as I was getting to the intersection. I was in the middle lane, and this wonderful person decided they wanted to be there also. Since I had the green light, I didn't see the need to slow down to 30mph in the intersection, but the driver thought I should, so they jumped right into the center lane. If I had not been paying attention, I would have just purchased them a new car. I did a little friendly high beam flashing, then decided to go around so I wouldn't hit them. As soon as I was past the front of the vehicle, they decided they really wanted to be in the right lane because they wanted to pull into the street by Foot Locker.

I sure hope they have a good day, because it almost started out bad (for both of us).

These are the kind of people that really scare me when my newly licensed child takes to the road.

glhs837

Power with Control
Heading South on 235 this morning around 6:05, I was the ONLY person on the road (not sure where everyone else was), then some "friendly driver" decided to head South out of Pegg Road as I was getting to the intersection. I was in the middle lane, and this wonderful person decided they wanted to be there also. Since I had the green light, I didn't see the need to slow down to 30mph in the intersection, but the driver thought I should, so they jumped right into the center lane. If I had not been paying attention, I would have just purchased them a new car. I did a little friendly high beam flashing, then decided to go around so I wouldn't hit them. As soon as I was past the front of the vehicle, they decided they really wanted to be in the right lane because they wanted to pull into the street by Foot Locker.

I sure hope they have a good day, because it almost started out bad (for both of us).

These are the kind of people that really scare me when my newly licensed child takes to the road.

Then spend extra time covering such occurances. Teach then to think like a biker. That they are invisible, and to expect not just unexpected behavior, but inimical bahavior. Having the mindset of "Well, of course that person wouldnt jump into my lane, becuase that would be stupid and might cause a crash" is oddly enough the beginning of a lot of crashes. Thier reactions are only as good as your training. Expecting the stupid goes a long way towards not being is a crash with a stupid person.

BernieP

Resident PIA
and the next time they pull that stunt, and there will be a next time, it might be a heavy hauler that can't take quick evasive action.
IMHO it's due to two things; (1) the mistaken notion that "right hand turn on red" gives them the right of way and (2) the belief that if there vehicle is hit in the back it's the other drivers fault.
And the day the do cause a wreck, they will be the innocent victims of a driver that was going "to fast for conditions",

goughrmak

Then spend extra time covering such occurances. Teach then to think like a biker. That they are invisible, and to expect not just unexpected behavior, but inimical bahavior. Having the mindset of "Well, of course that person wouldnt jump into my lane, becuase that would be stupid and might cause a crash" is oddly enough the beginning of a lot of crashes. Thier reactions are only as good as your training. Expecting the stupid goes a long way towards not being is a crash with a stupid person.

From day 1 of driver training (for both of my kids), all my kids heard was "SA" (situational awareness). Always be on the lookout for other cars. NEVER think or act like you are the only one on the road. There are a LOT of stupid people (and good people that do stupid things) on the road. Noone is a perfect driver, BUT, you always have to aware of what is happening around you. I would quiz my kids on random things to ensure they were using their mirrors and using their peripheral to see things.

DannyMotorcycle

i'm driving along and i almost nailed the 3rd idiot who tried to steal a light making a left turn after my light turned green. I hit my highbeams so they wouldn't try it, but they are really lucky and hard on the gas because i
was actually hoping to nail them and get rid of my old camry. They made it by the skin of their teeth. He basically saw me coming and said "F.U. brake!"
but that's ok I mildly braked but i was actually hoping to hit em.. they can keep trying if they want to. I almost caught that rear quarter panel just like i wanted to..
gotta love the boulevard rule.. that reminded me to keep using my video camera setup. i've been getting lazy with it.