Leaky ice maker grrrr

PeoplesElbow

I've had a slightly leaky icemaker in my fridge since i bought it. Today I decided to find out why, it turns out the fill tube isn't long enough so some water never makes it too the ice tray. I know it is a long shot but has anyone else seen this, did you fix it?

TPD

the poor dad
I've had a slightly leaky icemaker in my fridge since i bought it. Today I decided to find out why, it turns out the fill tube isn't long enough so some water never makes it too the ice tray. I know it is a long shot but has anyone else seen this, did you fix it?

duct tape

glhs837

Power with Control
Easiest fix would be to cut a short sample, then take that to lowes or a real hardware store, then find a piece that's a tight fit over the end, and extend it. More complicated would be to take it down and find out why, most likely some scrub in the factory didn't route the hose properly and came up short. Whats the make and model?

Grumpy

Cut a little piece of plastic out of milk container, wrap it partially around the supply tube to the length you need and super glue it.

PeoplesElbow

I ended up pulling the supply line out of the back, the extension tube was jammed on all the way, I pulled it off and reinstalled it, waiting for the thing to fill now to see if there are any leaks.

Was less complicated than i thought it would be. Having big hands, a big head etc made reinstalling the icemaker a pain though.

Knock Knock...

For as many times as I've laughed at you for this...

I hadn't been using my ice maker all season. Turned it on recently. Was absolutely not used to hearing it and couldn't figure out what was making noise. :doh:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
For as many times as I've laughed at you for this...

I hadn't been using my ice maker all season. Turned it on recently. Was absolutely not used to hearing it and couldn't figure out what was making noise. :doh:

:roflmao: