Hamilton's fear...

Hessian

Sec Treasury Alexander Hamilton espoused a political view that many American viewed as too aristicratic. Although he had notable allies (John Adams, Pinckney...even Washington) his foe was the formidable Jefferson-Madison Democratic Republicans.

One of the more notable criticisms that the Hamiltonian Federalists feared was the uneducated rabble being bought off by bribery and baubles for their precious vote....thus demagogs, buffoons, and the corrupt could easily sway the masses--prying their way into high office.

Please note this quote from Michael Moore:

"Take that day off on November second," Moore exhorted. "And take, you know, take five non-voters to the polls. You know who they are. They're your friends, your family members, people you go to school with. Just commit now to convincing them. Tell them, you're at work or whatever, it's at noontime, tell them, 'Hey, let's all, come on with me. I'll buy everybody lunch,' you know, or if it's at night, you know – "free beer for everybody that comes vote with me right now!" You know, just get creative. Do whatever it is you gotta do!"

(http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39253)

Mr Hamilton, it is obvious that the perfectability of Man preached by the Jeffersonians is clearly in error...and your prophecies still are with us. I'm sorry we have such a pathetic voting public,
With High Regards,
Hessian

Last edited:

rraley

I still believe in the people and their ability to move forward and make decisions regarding their government. Democracy is not perfect; it is a mere experiment. But this experiment has flourished for hundreds of years and I love it. It is good that Hamilton's elitest, negative view of the average people has left this nation.

Hessian

rraley...
May I remind you that the modern Democratic party has become experts in the darker side of manipulation:

If the American public is more dependent on government hand outs...they will always vote their pocketbooks because Uncle Sam is providing free breakfast at school, housing subsidies, medicare, food stamps, drug discounts, meals on wheels, unemployment compensation, education grants etc etc etc...

The chief goal of many senators on BOTH sides of the aisle is: How much pork can I bring back to my district because....it BUYS votes!

It is not Hamilton's elitist views that are dead....they are alive and cleverly improved by the Liberal programs pushed today.

rraley

Originally posted by Hessian
rraley...
May I remind you that the modern Democratic party has become experts in the darker side of manipulation:

If the American public is more dependent on government hand outs...they will always vote their pocketbooks because Uncle Sam is providing free breakfast at school, housing subsidies, medicare, food stamps, drug discounts, meals on wheels, unemployment compensation, education grants etc etc etc...

The chief goal of many senators on BOTH sides of the aisle is: How much pork can I bring back to my district because....it BUYS votes!

It is not Hamilton's elitist views that are dead....they are alive and cleverly improved by the Liberal programs pushed today.

What I think this is really about is you have an opposing viewpoint from the modern Democratic Party, which I remind you had a president who signed the most sweeping welfare reform package in our history (so sorry we didn't abolish it completely, you know people NEVER deserve help from the government when they are down on their luck).

Senators, etc. of both parties bring home pork because it does this wonderful thing called stimulate the economy in areas all across the nation. If we got rid of ALL pork as some would suggest, our economy would lost a substantial portion of its GDP. And without pork, advances in medical treatment and science would not be realized.

Frankly, there is a reason that the Hamiltonian Federalist Party and its idea of not trusting the people died out in 1816: it is out of touch with the average American.

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by rraley
If we got rid of ALL pork as some would suggest, our economy would lost a substantial portion of its GDP. And without pork, advances in medical treatment and science would not be realized.

Picture this:

Without pork, there would be no need to fund pork.

Without the need to fund pork, millions and millions of people and businesses would get to keep more of the money they earn.

Now, I know that Democrats don't believe that letting people keep their money actually stimulates the economy, but I do.

As for scientific and medical advancement, I would like to point out that if people got to keep more of their paycheck - even rich people - things like this kind of scientific advancement would be much more commonplace.

Without government incentive. Without government funding. Without government BS.

And furthermore, I will personally guarantee you that a private ship will be on the moon before NASA gets someone back up there.

I guarantee you that a private ship will land on Mars before NASA does.

Great scientific advancement - all without government pork.

you know people NEVER deserve help from the government when they are down on their luck).

If the government wasn't taxing us to death, there were me WAY fewer people needing help from the government. It's a self-perpetuating problem with a fatass beaurocracy thrown in to exacerbate it geometrically.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Frankly, there is a reason that the Hamiltonian Federalist Party and its idea of not trusting the people died out in 1816: it is out of touch with the average American.

You are aware that this is your party (in comparison - not literally) you are talking about? Democrats feel people must be protected from each other and they can't make rationale decisions. That is why they pander for extensive welfare systems, extensive regulations on the business world, seek government paid universal healthcare, etc... IT IS BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE CAN'T BE TRUSTED TO ACT RATIONALLY!

Last edited: