Denmark to vote on male circumcision ban

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
http://www.theweek.co.uk/health-science/61487/denmark-to-vote-on-male-circumcision-ban

Denmark's parliament will today debate whether male circumcision should be more tightly controlled, days after a found that almost three-quarters of Danes think the procedure should be restricted or banned altogether.

The poll, commissioned by the Danish newspaper Metroxpress, interviewed 1,000 people and found that 74 per cent of respondents think there should be either a full or partial ban on circumcision. Only ten per cent thought that there should be no restrictions

Later today the issue will be debated by politicians, with both the left-wing Red-Green alliance (Ehedslisten) and libertarian party Liberal Alliance advocating some form of ban.

Last year, the Council of Europe adopted a resolution opposing all kinds of ritual circumcision, saying they cast a "moral stain" and "foster hate and racist trends in Europe".

I have no idea if it casts a "moral stain" or "fosters hate and racist trends", but I do know this sort of mutilation is an ancient ritual that has somehow crept into modern times, absent any logic or reason, fancily disguised as fake science and having religious meaning.

It is an insane act of mutilation that we've rationalized along two false paths: one of hygenics (complete bullchit) and the other a fun-loving religious cultish ritual which somehow supersedes human rights -- the natural right not to have your junk mutilated.

It is also, BTW, the number one performed cosmetic surgery, which makes it a billion dollar industry. These mutilated foreskins are sold by hospitals to companies that turn dick skins into anti-aging cremes.

Good job, America!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Didn't the last Rasmussen poll asking Americans to rank political issues put "banning circumcision" at #3?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh for crying out loud. :rolleyes:

Just a generation ago circumcision was simply what you did. Of no more consequence than any other post-birth procedure. When it was my son, I couldn't have cared less and it was his father who insisted.

If you, Mr. So-Called Libertarian, do not want your male child circumcised...don't do it. Simple, eh?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I wonder how this conversation goes in pubs throughout Denmark?

"We object to weenie modification but abortion is OK?" <---------(not actual Dane speak)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oh for crying out loud. :rolleyes:

Just a generation ago circumcision was simply what you did. Of no more consequence than any other post-birth procedure. When it was my son, I couldn't have cared less and it was his father who insisted.

If you, Mr. So-Called Libertarian, do not want your male child circumcised...don't do it. Simple, eh?

Choice in veenie vacking? <------(not real Dan und speaking)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My Danish cousin was here a couple of weeks ago with her baby son (she left her older boy in Copenhagen with her mother) for our Grandfather's funeral. It never occurred to me to ask, nor did I ever change his diaper to see for myself. Who cares, really.

MMDad

Lem Putt
http://www.theweek.co.uk/health-science/61487/denmark-to-vote-on-male-circumcision-ban

I have no idea if it casts a "moral stain" or "fosters hate and racist trends", but I do know this sort of mutilation is an ancient ritual that has somehow crept into modern times, absent any logic or reason, fancily disguised as fake science and having religious meaning.

It is an insane act of mutilation that we've rationalized along two false paths: one of hygenics (complete bullchit) and the other a fun-loving religious cultish ritual which somehow supersedes human rights -- the natural right not to have your junk mutilated.

It is also, BTW, the number one performed cosmetic surgery, which makes it a billion dollar industry. These mutilated foreskins are sold by hospitals to companies that turn dick skins into anti-aging cremes.

Good job, America!
So Mr. "Government Sucks!!!" is applauding Big Brother dictating what religous practices their subjects can partake in. Showing your hypocrite self again.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
How is that a straw man argument???

First off, it is a pretty broad leap to make that because I posted an article about another country considering a ban on mutilating dicks doesn't mean I lament our lack of the same same from my government. Second, I am not Libertarian. Have never claimed that I am.

So: two strawman arguments for the price of one.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
First off, it is a pretty broad leap to make that because I posted an article about another country considering a ban on mutilating dicks doesn't mean I lament our lack of the same same from my government. Second, I am not Libertarian. Have never claimed that I am.

Go visit your proctologist so he can pull your head out of your ass. I'd like to laugh in your face. :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

OK, but, I read it as a simple 'choice' comment which would apply no matter your political identification.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
OK, but, I read it as a simple 'choice' comment which would apply no matter your political identification.

I thought his personal comments were quite clear where he stands on the issue, and my response was that it's none of his business.

I mean, how do you support abortion and then come out against circumcision?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
First off, it is a pretty broad leap to make that because I posted an article about another country considering a ban on mutilating dicks doesn't mean I lament our lack of the same same from my government. .

Inorite? A really broad leap....

It is an insane act of mutilation that we've rationalized along two false paths: