Pho Saigon

tuffenuff2

This was our first visit to a Vietnamese restaurant so have nothing to compare it to. Two words----------------

ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!! A lot of food for a reasonable amount of money. My son and I had the PHO- hubby had marinated chicken and fried broken rice other son had grilled chicken and broken rice. We had fried spring rolls and summer rolls to start. Whole meal was $45 dollars. I really hope this restaurant makes it where so many have failed before.

tuffenuff2

Love this place, next time try the beef wrapped in grape leaves. It's quite tasty. :yay:

I almost did order this but with the rain and cold I thought PHO would be right up my street. If it was up to me I would open an all soup restaurant!!!!!

TGB

I have been there 3 times already. Love their food. Vrai Pho isa type of Vietnamese soup, typically made from beef stock and spices to which noodles and thinly sliced beef or chicken are added.

tuffenuff2

It's more like a meal with broth. There are several meat options- I had steak and brisket. I added the basil,lime juice and sprouts to mine. We had the medium size and couldn't finish it all. There is a large size. The flavours were great- cilantro, spring onion. Vibrant- I know what they mean on the cooking shows when they say light and vibrant.That doesn't mean it is skimpy on meat!!!!

Last edited:

Bonehead

We have been there 3 times and have enjoyed it every time. Pho was very authentic and quick some broken rice dishes were very slow but worth the wait. Very inexpensive too. Less than 60$ for 5 of us including two appetizers.

BOP

I am so going! It's been many years (probably mid-90's) since I had Vietnamese food. There were a couple of places in San Diego proper, and one in North County San Diego I used to go to...so good! In my 20s, I used to love that coffee, but at my age, you better have a defibrillator standing by if I drink it.