A weather pounding?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Winter Storm Monday and Tuesday: It’s Complicated

7:35 AM Sunday January 25 2015 -The largest winter storm of the season will affect our entire region aSunday night through Tuesday. There has been an adjustment in how it will progress, which is why I was slow to put out details: Trend of faster arrival time of a clipper to our west, and then the redevelopment off of the coast (Miller B type storm). Result: It may arrive Sunday evening as rain locally, then change over to snow north of Baltimore overnight. Monday could be a mix or rain in central Maryland then change over to snow for everyone. The transition may be later in the day due to the coastal storm taking over. Ironically, those that turn to snow later, might get more on the Delmarva and New Jersey thanks to the Coastal Low with blizzard conditions.

We're in the 2" - 4" area. He's calling for 4" - 10" on the eastern shore.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
32 here right and it seems that every time we get cold, you guys get nasty weather. No warm in sight here until the end of the week.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I think Justin's weather focuses more on the northern & central parts of Maryland, doesn't it?

I've been following these guys a lot.

https://www.facebook.com/bordashwx/timeline

It's an open FB page, everyone should be able to see it.

Thanks for that. Just 'liked' it. This storm seems to be pretty complicated. Starting as a clipper, then developing into a nor’easter. Pretty much everyone is saying the worst of it will be far north and east of us.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I wish I could figure out from the various weather reports what it's really going to do. I'm supposed to take my son to Walter Reed on Monday at 1:00 for an emergency appointment that his crabby doctor squeezed in for us and I don't know whether to go or not. We're should be leaving St. Inigoes around 10:00 and probably around 2:30 (if we're lucky) from Walter Reed. I HATE the drive to begin with but I really really hate driving in the snow.

I had a dr. appointment for Monday morning in Waldorf that I canceled earlier this week just because I had a bad feeling about it. But how many times have we seen things play out completely opposite what was forecasted?

mdff21

Watched 4 different stations last night and all 4 had a different prediction. Anywhere from a rain to 4". Depends on which one you listen to. When it is over we will know who was right.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Watched 4 different stations last night and all 4 had a different prediction. Anywhere from a rain to 4". Depends on which one you listen to. When it is over we will know who was right.

Nope... that means we're going to get 1'+

Goldenhawk

My kids will be in school. Homeschool rarely has a snow day.

On the plus side, they'll also get some gym time from the shoveling. *evil laugh*

RPMDAD

Psy, i might have kept the Waldorf appt., however it probably was safe to cancel, we are not even in the winter watch area, however it might get dicey where Dixie needs to go tomorrow.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Psy, i might have kept the Waldorf appt., however it probably was safe to cancel, we are not even in the winter watch area, however it might get dicey where Dixie needs to go tomorrow.

If you knew what kind of appointment it is, you'd understand. :lol: