Clock repair

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have a Seiko musical wall clock that is starting to sound scratchy. Not sure if something wrong or it just needs to be cleaned. Does anyone know if there's a place that does clock repair locally?

Thanks!

Smith

JW Jewelers in Prince Frederick rebuilt my 30+ year-old mantle clock several years ago, and it is still working fine.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Where is Rick's? Do you know if they repair in house? I have two antique clocks that need repair. One belonged to my great grandparent's and I miss it's wonderful sound...

San Souci Plaza, in the corner next door to Asahi. Rick used to do the work himself.

MarieB

Where is Rick's? Do you know if they repair in house? I have two antique clocks that need repair. One belonged to my great grandparent's and I miss it's wonderful sound...

They don't do it in house, but they send it somewhere. I think the guy is local, and he picks up at Rick's on Thursdays if I recall

frequentflier

happy to be living
JW Jewelers in Prince Frederick rebuilt my 30+ year-old mantle clock several years ago, and it is still working fine.

Do you know if they do the work in house or send it out? The reason I ask is that I like to talk to the person that actually did the work. If I am happy with them, I will take the second clock in.

1stGenSMIB

I had an old cuckoo clock that only has sentimental value. I took my clock in to Rick's for repair, and talked to the guy that does it..."you know it will cost more to repair than its worth, correct?" "Yup, I understand..my g-parents owned it, please do the work..thanks."

So, it is possible to talk to the guy..I don't know if he actually does the work at Rick's or takes it with them..and then again, this was about 8 years ago, so I dunno if the situation has changed.

Smith

Do you know if they do the work in house or send it out? The reason I ask is that I like to talk to the person that actually did the work. If I am happy with them, I will take the second clock in.

I think it is sent out, but I'm not 100% sure... it's been a little while. They did let us know how much it would cost to repair before proceeding.

Clock-Work

Bring your clock to Ricks and I will pick it up on Thursday. When I get it back to my shop I will check it out and let you know what it needs to be fixed.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Bring your clock to Ricks and I will pick it up on Thursday. When I get it back to my shop I will check it out and let you know what it needs to be fixed.

:howdy:

Do you do house calls? I have a grandfather clock that my grandfather built and it was damaged in a move.