Laundry

darkclown

Why is it that the management of the laundry mat in San Souci Plaza is just letting it go to pot? Here I sit today taking twice as long as it should because I had to cram all my stuff into the small machines because the big machines don't work! All that's left is the tiny little $3.00 washers that can't handle crap! What's sad is that they have been broken for WEEKS!!! Also, the dryers are ancient yet they just reduced the timers down from 8 minutes to 5 minutes a quarter! Wow, you nickel and dime the customer I guess but at some point you are going to run out of customers because we are tired of walking in and waiting because out of the 16 washers 6 are broken! That's almost a 50% capacity. Sadly I hear the one over in Lexington Park is just as bad if not worse.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If someone wanted to start a business, they could open a laundromat with a human attendant, supplies for sale, and working washers and dryers. Including large capacity machines for blankets, etc. I think there's a market for it and people would be willing to pay a little extra to not have to work around drunk homeless people napping on the folding tables.

FollowTheMoney

If someone wanted to start a business, they could open a laundromat with a human attendant, supplies for sale, and working washers and dryers. Including large capacity machines for blankets, etc. I think there's a market for it and people would be willing to pay a little extra to not have to work around drunk homeless people napping on the folding tables.
"According to the Coin Laundry Association's Brian Wallace, the annual gross income from one store can range from $30,000 to $1 million. The expenses incurred while running a store range between 65 and 115 percent of the gross income. That means that for a store grossing $30,000 per year, at best it nets $10,500 and at worst it loses $4,500. For a store grossing $1 million per year, the profit could be as high as $350,000, or there could be a loss of up to $150,000, depending on expenses."