Rental Management

merc669

Subject speaks for itself. Looking for a management company for a possible upcoming rental unit in the Park. I am aware of companies like Horton and Rental King. Is there anybody else?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
McNellis (sp?) handles my mothers rental in Solomon's. Not sure if that is part of their regular service or because we had a previous relationship with the realtor.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Subject speaks for itself. Looking for a management company for a possible upcoming rental unit in the Park. I am aware of companies like Horton and Rental King. Is there anybody else?

If there is anyway to do it, do it yourself.
Never had any luck with management companies. It's all about fees and commissions and they don't give a sit about your property JMHO

glhs837

Power with Control
Used a management agency for two years. Waste of time and money. IMO. Their level of concern about my property was low. I do it myself, spend far less money, and about the same amount of time.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Durkin's Realty manages the rental I'm currently living in. Very pleasant on my end. The owner lives out of state.

kickstand

De omnibus dubitandum est
We used a realtor to screen potential renters. Once she found and qualified them, we took over as property managers. One time fee and done with it.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Never have others do for you, what you can, or should, be able to do for yourself.

you assume they have the time. One reason I seriously don't want to be a landlord is dealing with the BS, it's time and my time is worth money, more money than what I would make dealing with tenants.

FollowTheMoney

you assume they have the time. One reason I seriously don't want to be a landlord is dealing with the BS, it's time and my time is worth money, more money than what I would make dealing with tenants.
I assume nothing. The point being. Those that do not know how to do something, and rely on others, are asking to be taken advantage of or cheated. If you know everything there is to know about being a landlord and property owner, have the experience, and want to outsource your property management to another, that's fine. You know what to look for if issues arise or if you are being screwed over. If not, I think, one is asking for trouble. While time can be a factor, I believe, everyone should first learn about the, activity?, before they ask, or have, someone else to do it for them.