Why some people just suck at life

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Cutting to the chase and leaving out some details here. A few months back I had tenants that had a kitten. I told them the lease didn't allow pets. I was told they were watching it for someone while they were out of town.

Yesterday I go to the property that those people vacated. And what do I find? A pile of cat food and a water bowl outside the property. Yep, they moved out and left the cat. So now there is a cat roaming around wondering where everyone went. When I opened the outside door the cat tried to get in the house. I know the church these people supposedly attend. I should greet them Sunday with a little present.

So I call the local animal control. It's not in Maryland, it's in a much warmer place. The bureaucrat lady tells me there isn't anything they can do. Now if I was to buy a trap and entice the kitty to voluntarily give up, then they'd come and get the trapped animal. She said that they don't come and pick up people's pets. So I reiterated that the cat was left behind and I'm sure they aren't coming back since food was left outside.

So if anyone wants a gray cat about 6 months old, let me know.

I'm sure this is a good sign they meant to leave the cat.
cat.jpg

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cat House: available for rent now. Warm and enticing setting.
Previous customers are anxious to burst through the doors again.
Call and talk to Claude.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
These are the times I hope there really is a God so people like this will go to hell. And I hope their "pastor" goes to hell, too.

(Dear Readers: there is more, much more, to this story and the cat situation is merely one of these aholes' misdeeds.)

cricketmd

These are the times I hope there really is a God so people like this will go to hell. And I hope their "pastor" goes to hell, too.

(Dear Readers: there is more, much more, to this story and the cat situation is merely one of these aholes' misdeeds.)

I'm confused - which is not surprising, but who was feeding the cat outside? If previous owners left an abandoned it - not them, and if a neighbor or someone was feeding it, maybe ask them to take the cat? Leave a note or something at the feeding place? :shrug: I feel badly for the cat. :frown:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'm confused - which is not surprising, but who was feeding the cat outside? If previous owners left an abandoned it - not them, and if a neighbor or someone was feeding it, maybe ask them to take the cat? Leave a note or something at the feeding place? :shrug: I feel badly for the cat. :frown:

The previous owners of the cat moved out of a house and instead of taking the cat with them, they abandoned the cat. So that the cat had food to eat they put a pile of food and water against the house. I have no doubt that the previous owners put the food out since they just moved out.

I threw the food away. It was right by the door and the cat tried to get in the house several times. I put a call into animal control but they said "No my yab".

So for this I felt the need to vent how these supposedly pious, 'church' people, who were constantly telling me that the lord was going to bless me abundantly, showed me that they are all talk and evil action. What would Jesus do?

SG_Player1974

What would Jesus do?

I think Jesus would take the food, water, and bowls and put them..... filled to capacity.... atop the previous owner's car in the church parking lot along with a sign that says "Jesus wanted me to return the cat you abandoned!" :yay:

Cant speak for jesus or anyone else, but my first thought was to contact a rescue. Though, I do like the idea of leaving the cat on their car if you could actually find it. Having compassion for the animal however, my guess is they dont deserve a pet so Im sticking with the rescue idea.

PeoplesElbow

I think Jesus would take the food, water, and bowls and put them..... filled to capacity.... atop the previous owner's car in the church parking lot along with a sign that says "Jesus wanted me to return the cat you abandoned!" :yay:

Dont forget stuff tuna in hidden spots around the car.