The Wave

GopherM

Darwin was right
What the heii is the meaning of the wave a driver gives you when they abruptly cut you off? Are they saying thank you for "letting me in" or are they just giving you an indication that they got one over on you so "suck it"?

I just can't figure it out and it is very annoying to have some azzhat almost take my front fender off and then give me that nice polite WAVE!

Hey...You're Welcome...just go ahead and pull over into my lane anytime you fell like it.

TPD

the poor dad
What the heii is the meaning of the wave a driver gives you when they abruptly cut you off? Are they saying thank you for "letting me in" or are they just giving you an indication that they got one over on you so "suck it"?

I just can't figure it out and it is very annoying to have some azzhat almost take my front fender off and then give me that nice polite WAVE!

Hey...You're Welcome...just go ahead and pull over into my lane anytime you fell like it.

They are thanking you for giving them that 7 and 3/4" to get their front bumper in to cut in front of you.

GopherM

Darwin was right
I know that even an unsafe following distance seldom stays empty for too long.

And I love that driver (especially the one in the red Chevy Colorado) that constantly weaves through the traffic cutting people off and after several miles I look in the lane next to me and there he is. Sometimes he even ends up a couple of car lengths back.

FED_UP

Its a sorry, but I hope you forgive me for my ignorance.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

When I do it, I am saying "Sorry, my bad"

I have done extensive studies that suggest that simply acknowledging I ####ed up helps defuse the situation.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I am an inadvertent butthead while driving, I'll give a "sorry" wave. As in, "Yes, I know I screwed up, it was unintentional, and I apologize. Don't chase me down and try to run me off the road, and please don't follow me home and shoot me. And don't fume about me for days because it was a freaking accident, nobody was hurt, I effing apologized, so get the hell over it and move on with your life."

The appropriate response is to wave back - "Gotcha, buddy, no hard feelings, #### happens."

Forkian

When I am an inadvertent butthead while driving, I'll give a "sorry" wave. As in, "Yes, I know I screwed up, it was unintentional, and I apologize. Don't chase me down and try to run me off the road, and please don't follow me home and shoot me. And don't fume about me for days because it was a freaking accident, nobody was hurt, I effing apologized, so get the hell over it and move on with your life."

The appropriate response is to wave back - "Gotcha, buddy, no hard feelings, #### happens."

:yeahthat:

FED_UP

It would be more appropriate to put up your middle finger letting them know that you acknowledege them. :yay:

BernieP

Resident PIA
It would be more appropriate to put up your middle finger letting them know that you acknowledege them. :yay:

I was going to say, the appropriate response to "the wave" is "the salute".
As in I acknowledge you are driving as if thy cranium is firmly implanted in thy rectum.

DEEKAYPEE8569

This made me :killingme Vrai, you went from apologetic, to somewhat fearful, to "SCREW YOU!" in three sentences.