Where are all of the "Sky is falling" posts?

BOP

It's just below freezing here in the Ranch Estates and there's ice all over everything. I'll be telecommuting, thank you very much.

H

Hodr

Gate 1 today and yesterday was processing 3 cars per lane (except for the far left converted lane). This has resulted in zero wait once you get to the gate, but it makes me wonder why they can support an additional 8 personnel at just this one gate all morning, but they can't keep gate three open the full day?

Last edited by a moderator:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Gate 1 today and yesterday was processing 3 cars per lane (except for the far left converted lane). This has resulted in zero wait once you get to the gate, but it makes me wonder why they can support an additional 8 personnel at just this one gate all morning, but they can't keep gate three open the full day?

This support is only temporary. All of these guards have been pulled off other tasks to man the gates bc of traffic and whiny bitches. So, no they don't actually have the support to man the gates in the morning like this all the time, or extending the hours for gate 3. Eventually the security exercises will be over and the sailors can get back to the projects they were forced to put aside.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Your wheels must be outside all the time too. My car was a car-shaped ice formation; frozen shut; took a while to get the door open. :mad:

LOL Front door was easy to open, but the back door, where the ice scraper was buried, was hard to open. Had to wait until the beast warmed up a bit before it would come loose.

DEEKAYPEE8569

LOL Front door was easy to open, but the back door, where the ice scraper was buried, was hard to open. Had to wait until the beast warmed up a bit before it would come loose.

That 'wait for the warm-up' to help melt the ice took a while; 1.8L motors take a loooonnnng time on mornings like today's. Even looked for a can of de-icer; couldn't find one. I bet you I'll have at least one tomorrow; and if I don't need it, it'll be there when I do.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Well, I guess the calendar is still correct - it is still winter. Just imagine the horror if stuff like what the weather is today in SOMD happened every year around this time.........

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Well, I guess the calendar is still correct - it is still winter. Just imagine the horror if stuff like what the weather is today in SOMD happened every year around this time.........

I hear we're in for some of the coldest weather of the season coming up the next several days. Not looking forward to that, but we did get a new heater for the lanai so it won't bother me too bad.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I hear we're in for some of the coldest weather of the season coming up the next several days. Not looking forward to that, but we did get a new heater for the lanai so it won't bother me too bad.

Maybe I'll throw a few logs in the fireplace tonight for the first time this "winter" and make wifey happy.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I defrosted the wife's windows with tap water. It worked like a charm at no cost. If you use this method, make sure your water is cool to the touch. I've heard stories about peeps using hot water. :cracked glass:

DEEKAYPEE8569

I defrosted the wife's windows with tap water. It worked like a charm at no cost. If you use this method, make sure your water is cool to the touch. I've heard stories about peeps using hot water. :cracked glass:

I like that aerosol de-icer; "HEET" I think it's called; basically isopropyl alcohol in a pressurized can; also cleans the crud/grime off the wiper blades.
Stuff works great.