adopter for 2 of the 3 kittens, need $$ to vet them

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
So we have a family ready to adopt 2 of the gray boy triplets. I am trying to get them vetted asap for this "special Valentines Day" adoption event we had where if you adopt 2 kitties, you get them with no adoption fee, and they come already vetted. Obviously we can't afford to fully vet them at $120 each as we usually do, so we trying to get enough money together for a neuter, deworm, and Rabies vaccine for at least 2 of the 3 boys. The estimate is it will run about $75 for each boy. Donations are 100% tax deductible. Hopefully we can get $150 this week and can find an opening NLT Friday.

Thanks.

So we have a family ready to adopt 2 of the gray boy triplets. I am trying to get them vetted asap for this "special Valentines Day" adoption event we had where if you adopt 2 kitties, you get them with no adoption fee, and they come already vetted. Obviously we can't afford to fully vet them at $120 each as we usually do, so we trying to get enough money together for a neuter, deworm, and Rabies vaccine for at least 2 of the 3 boys. The estimate is it will run about $75 for each boy. Donations are 100% tax deductible. Hopefully we can get $150 this week and can find an opening NLT Friday.

Thanks.
You already made the agreement to give them these kittens free before you ever had them vetted and now you plan to give them these kittens only partially vetted IF you get them vetted at all because they weren't vetted prior to you finding them a home... am I reading that right?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
You already made the agreement to give them these kittens free before you ever had them vetted and now you plan to give them these kittens only partially vetted IF you get them vetted at all because they weren't vetted prior to you finding them a home... am I reading that right?

Unless you are not understanding - vetted means spay/neuter and Rabies - period. When I get "the works" in terms of vet care for critters, I am going above and beyond what most adoptable critters have in terms of vet care. The adoption fee people pay is what I paid for the vet care, no more. Onyx's total bill for 2 visits was $140, so that was his adoption fee. It benefits the adopter if I get more vet care for the critter at the reduced price.

If you can think of ways to get more done with very little money please let me know. It's bad enough we (rescues and shelters) feel we have to resort to GIVING away critters we spent money on, to get them adopted. Every time I see a critter in need now, I have to look away because each one I take in costs me money that I sometimes never see again.

The lock on the drivers side of my car doesn't work most of the time, so I have crawl across my car from the passenger side to unlock the door. I'd love to take my car to the shop to get the lock fixed, but I don't have the money to do that, my bank account stays empty most of the time, and I have no savings either. I need a lot of things I don't have because my heart breaks for critters that are in need, so I guess I'll need to turn my head away from needy critters more often so I can things done, like get my door lock fixed.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Unless you are not understanding - vetted means spay/neuter and Rabies - period. When I get "the works" in terms of vet care for critters, I am going above and beyond what most adoptable critters have in terms of vet care. The adoption fee people pay is what I paid for the vet care, no more. Onyx's total bill for 2 visits was $140, so that was his adoption fee. It benefits the adopter if I get more vet care for the critter at the reduced price.

If you can think of ways to get more done with very little money please let me know. It's bad enough we (rescues and shelters) feel we have to resort to GIVING away critters we spent money on, to get them adopted. Every time I see a critter in need now, I have to look away because each one I take in costs me money that I sometimes never see again.

The lock on the drivers side of my car doesn't work most of the time, so I have crawl across my car from the passenger side to unlock the door. I'd love to take my car to the shop to get the lock fixed, but I don't have the money to do that, my bank account stays empty most of the time, and I have no savings either. I need a lot of things I don't have because my heart breaks for critters that are in need, so I guess I'll need to turn my head away from needy critters more often so I can things done, like get my door lock fixed.

That's what I'd do. :shrug: But then we all know I'm a cold hearted b*tch who kicks kittens and puppies to the curb. :bubble:

Seriously, I do not get the mentality of providing for animals over or before you provide for your own welfare and well-being. Any number of times you've said how you've gone without, done without, "made due" and not gotten "x,y, or z" repaired or replaced when you really needed it. I guess it's totally your business and your business only. Maybe you think telling everyone how poor you are (due to your kind heartedness towards all the helpless critters) will generate more donations for your rescue, I don't know. If you can't take care of the ones you have right now, have you ever considered not taking anymore in until you've found homes for the ones you have right now? Not a sermon - just a thought.

mamatutu

mama to two
That's what I'd do. :shrug: But then we all know I'm a cold hearted b*tch who kicks kittens and puppies to the curb. :bubble:

Seriously, I do not get the mentality of providing for animals over or before you provide for your own welfare and well-being. Any number of times you've said how you've gone without, done without, "made due" and not gotten "x,y, or z" repaired or replaced when you really needed it. I guess it's totally your business and your business only. Maybe you think telling everyone how poor you are (due to your kind heartedness towards all the helpless critters) will generate more donations for your rescue, I don't know. If you can't take care of the ones you have right now, have you ever considered not taking anymore in until you've found homes for the ones you have right now? Not a sermon - just a thought.

We have had our disagreements over time, but I have never seen you be a cold hearted bitch. You love animals, as well, and you own a cat. You just know what you want to handle. I took on 4 at once and it was a bit much at times, but I loved them all, dearly.

This gave me a chance to respond to you, but, also, to Ark, as well. She will not accept my donations anymore, after a falling out on a stupid birthday thread. I would love to continue to help her out if she would change her mind.

We all have strong personalities, but there may be a time when we all need to come together. Especially, in the uneasy, scary times that we live in now. Who knows, at some point we (somd community) may have to rely on each other if there is a catastrophe of some kind. Info flies through this forum! We already have the community connection so let's hope we can depend on each other if it becomes necessary. Just a thought.

Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We have had our disagreements over time, but I have never seen you be a cold hearted bitch. You love animals, as well, and you own a cat. You just know what you want to handle. I took on 4 at once and it was a bit much at times, but I loved them all, dearly.

This gave me a chance to respond to you, but, also, to Ark, as well. She will not accept my donations anymore, after a falling out on a stupid birthday thread. I would love to continue to help her out if she would change her mind.

We all have strong personalities, but there may be a time when we all need to come together. Especially, in the uneasy, scary times that we live in now. Who knows, at some point we (somd community) may have to rely on each other if there is a catastrophe of some kind. Info flies through this forum! We already have the community connection so let's hope we can depend on each other if it becomes necessary. Just a thought.

It is supposed to be all about the animals, so it will be. I help other rescues find placements, and they also help me. That's when you know it's REALLY all about the critters. If adopter A wants an orange female kitty and I don't have one available (or one that they like), I have them contact another rescue, or go to the shelter to look. Every critters deserves to have a home, not be killed at the shelters because the shelter ran out of space, what kind of reason is that for us to kill innocent, healthy, adoptable critters? Rescue work can be so sad, yet also so rewarding.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Are anonymous donations acceptable?

We have received several anonymous donations. We don't disclose publicly the names of people who donate to us anyway though. I am sure we've had donations from forumites that did not share their screen-name for us to make the connection, some will say so in posts that they donated, others do not.

mamatutu

mama to two
It's a little odd that MMTT says she would, in her words, "love" to continue to help you out but you won't accept her donations. If I didn't know the history, I would think she was the good guy and you the bad guy. I happen to know first hand that if someone would really "love" to donate, there's always a way to donate without names being involved and I'm almost positive there's something in the Bible about giving without recognition. Personally, I think what she really loves is to reiterate the argument and how she felt she was "wronged".

Well, I see you are giving this some thought. Good for you! I have also thought about it. What I concluded is why would I continue to donate to a cause that rejected my last donation and sent it back. Why would I do that even anon? I usually donate anon, but in this case, it was through this forum that I became aware of it, and Ark and I had already interacted. I would like to say that Ark sent a thank you note every time I donated; that must be her standard procedure and that is really nice of her to take that time to respond to her donators. Like I said, if Ark changes her mind and accepts donations from "me" then I will be glad to resume donations. I do hate to read Ark's posts of how she is struggling to rescue critters. It will make me sad if the situation doesn't change, but that is up to Ark. Thanks for your concern, Dix! :smile:

mamatutu

mama to two
P.S. Ark, if you want to PM me to let me know you will accept my donations, this forum will be none the wiser that I am donating again. Not everything has to be public on a public forum! :smile:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
bullsh*t!

These boys were vetted today and are now neutered, had their Rabies vaccination, and are all Negative for fiv/felv :). Two are being adopted in a few days, and the 3rd is still available ........ total bill for all 3 was $180, so $60 each, not bad.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
bullsh*t!

Oh and here are pictures .....

ForumRunner_20150219_223550.jpg

ForumRunner_20150219_223642.jpg

mamatutu

mama to two
It's a little odd that MMTT says she would, in her words, "love" to continue to help you out but you won't accept her donations. If I didn't know the history, I would think she was the good guy and you the bad guy. I happen to know first hand that if someone would really "love" to donate, there's always a way to donate without names being involved and I'm almost positive there's something in the Bible about giving without recognition. Personally, I think what she really loves is to reiterate the argument and how she felt she was "wronged".

One more thing. There is no good or bad guy here in this situation. It was a matter of a difference of opinion. It caused a rift. This happens in life. We all have to work through it. I, for one, in my life have usually given in to keep the peace even if I was right. I do not like being at odds with anyone, unless they are downright mean and focused on doing me in. That is not the case here. It can be fixed. If we cannot negotiate in our world, then all is definitely lost. To save Hank and vrai from counting. I used the word 'I' 3 times, and the word 'me/my' twice. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Given in to keep the peace? When did that happen? You are the queen of got to have the last word.

I called it bullsh*t that you would "LOVE" to donate because if you really wanted to,you would, and you'd keep your big mouth shut about it if that's even humanly possible for you. You brought it up (again) because you simply can't resist the opportunity to play your favorite role - victim and martyr.

:clap:

SoMDGirl42

P.S. Ark, if you want to PM me to let me know you will accept my donations, this forum will be none the wiser that I am donating again. Not everything has to be public on a public forum! :smile:

If you REALLY want to continue donating, I'm sure you have her address since she's mailed you thank you notes in the past. Put some cash in an envelope and mail it. I find it hard to believe she'd not accept it. Not the best way, sending cash, but it's better than not sending the donation at all. Buy a bag of kitty food and mail it. Viola' - donation. Buy a voucher at the vet for a free spay/neuter and mark it for Arkies Rescue = donation. She doesn't have to know your "donation" is from YOU.

mamatutu

mama to two
:rolleyes:

Also, can be considered a bump for Ark.

You hens need to get back to the hen house. I would suggest Ark's hen house that she made warm with glass. No stones allowed, however. Baby, it's cold outside!

Hank

my war
Given in to keep the peace? When did that happen? You are the queen of got to have the last word.

I called it bullsh*t that you would "LOVE" to donate because if you really wanted to,you would, and you'd keep your big mouth shut about it if that's even humanly possible for you. You brought it up (again) because you simply can't resist the opportunity to play your favorite role - victim and martyr.

Only she wants Ark to know so she can play the role of hero and victim if/when Ark refuses it. Then when Ark starts a thread similar in nature she can respond with I would love to help you Ark, if only you would respond you would be saved and your life would immediately improve all because I, Saint Mamatutu of Assisi stepped in. If Ark refuses to respond, MMTT can then remind everyone of her benevolence. She is a saint after all.

spot on

mamatutu

mama to two
Also, Hank. I can't remember you ever being involved in the animal threads. You are trolling me, and that is a fact. Do you own pets? If so, where did you get them? What did you do for them? Did you love them? Do you donate to animal charities? Last question. What is your major problem? Give it a rest. Because you look like a loser, and your fan base is very small. Pun intended.