What's it doing where?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
California, corner of 235 and 4: snowing like crazy. It's sticking and the roads are ridiculous. Dog was like, "gottapottygottapottygottapotty..." When I took him out, he was like, "Uh, I don't really have to go and I think your bed needs some company...."

merc669

Snowing heavy here on base at times. Keeps building. Hopefully those that are not here and can afford not to be here go back to bed and not drive thru this. I have heard it will clear off after 12. But day about over then..

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Great Mills is covered but drivable. A little icy/ slippery but overall, not bad. Use caution driving and take it slow.

Hannibal

Roads were snotty in Waldorf. Some back roads not even touched. Coming down hard.

Branch Ave was OK. Not terrible but not good either. Reqiured some very slow and patient driving. 495/95 was also slushy. Driving is manageable with care. Biggest issue was the salt trucks which had people diving out of the way.

Twitter feed is reporting a number of accidents in St. Mary's... including the Wawa in Mechanicsville. Frequency of accident reports is increasing at a good pace. I'm thinking folks are pulling up their accuweather which currently says "cloudy" for Leonardtown and hitting the roads like normal. Accuweather is also still claiming 1-3 total and we are already at the 4 inch mark in Leonardtown and steady snow falling. You've gotta love people's dependency on technology over simply looking out the window...:lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
3.5 in St Inigoes, snowflakes have gotten larger. I've already been out and swept the walkway off. It's the real wet stuff variety.

About 1.5" here and perfect snowball snow - not too wet, not too dry.

merc669

Well, NAS Pax is still a 2 hour delay and the snow coming down hard... Looking out from where I work at, I am thinking I should have stayed in bed and enjoyed the snow day.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Between the park and Wildewood, roads had coverage, but it wasnt solid. Lots of people out around 6AM. Seen about 10 plows spreading salt, but the plows were up. Not a bad drive, but its coming down pretty good.

Vince

Nice when I drove in this morning. Just wet roads around 5am. Now, the folks just coming in are telling me that the roads are real crappy.

Nice when I drove in this morning. Just wet roads around 5am. Now, the folks just coming in are telling me that the roads are real crappy.
What about your parking lot and sidewalks and such? I often wonder how the maintenance crew is expected to clear the parking lots when folks who are told "don't show up before 9 a.m." decide to do so anyway and block the plow crew by parking their vehicles in the way.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
What about your parking lot and sidewalks and such? I often wonder how the maintenance crew is expected to clear the parking lots when folks who are told "don't show up before 9 a.m." decide to do so anyway and block the plow crew by parking their vehicles in the way.

Why are you being a meemie to Vinny?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Yeah, Vince.

:lol:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Roads between Spring Ridge and St Inigoes are ugly. Saw three vehicles in ditches on 235, Trapp nearly impassable, other than all the tire tracks from cars headed to Webster Field.

PLEASE tell me I have the option to stay home. You wouldn't see me at work.

Vince

Couldn't see the lines in the parking lot by the time I got here. Everyone that has come in has said how bad the roads are getting.