HBO's The Pacific....

mamatutu

mama to two
We are watching the series for the first time. I keep thinking about the fact that so many have died, not only, in WWII, but all the other wars we have been involved in. Our brave military have died/are dying to keep us free and safe. Was it all in vain? We see our own power hungry, greedy, narcissistic politicians/government with their own agenda(s) (which btw is not about the people) taking America down, and destroying what she stands for. It just makes me sad. That's all. Any thoughts?

Edit: I neglected to mention the awful treatment of our veterans. Why is that happening? What can I say? I am just disgusted and sick of it all.

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
We just finished the last episode. Heartwarming and heartwrenching at the same time. Tears. Thank all of you, including my husband, that have defended our country. Whether alive or deceased, I admire our military more than you will ever know. Your courage cannot be put into words. God bless you all. :patriot:

Last edited:

frogman123

Few things... 1) History is and will always be romanticized, 2) ALL politicians, past and present, are narcissists and power hungry.

mamatutu

mama to two
Few things... 1) History is and will always be romanticized, 2) ALL politicians, past and present, are narcissists and power hungry.

Thanks for the feedback. I know in my old age now, I watch the news much more. I just don't ever remember so many things to be so wrong at the same time.