Lexington Park Armed Robbery…again

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://smnewsnet.com/archives/248722/police-make-arrest-in-latest-lexington-park-armed-robbery/

On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at approximately 11:10 p.m., police responded to the Rod N Reel Hunting & Fishing Gas Station on Three Notch Road in Lexington Park for a report of an armed robbery.

Early reports indicate that three black males wearing masks and hoodies entered the establishment armed with a handgun and shotgun and stole the cash register. SMNEWSNET was told that a witness outside the gas station was able to follow the robbers as they fled in a vehicle and provided police with information on their location.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I got a Code Red robocall at 1am with the BOLO. Said there was an armed robber loose in "my area". :lol:

SoMDGirl42

I will be so glad when some of these would be thieves start getting their asses capped. Kill them in the act and save tax payer money. Don't hurt 'em and make us pay their medical bills too. Maybe it'll make the next one think twice.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I will be so glad when some of these would be thieves start getting their asses capped. Kill them in the act and save tax payer money. Don't hurt 'em and make us pay their medical bills too. Maybe it'll make the next one think twice.

That won't happen here in MD. The S.O.P. is to call the law after something happens. So, by the time the cops show up; and I'm not bashing this time; the bad guys are long gone. We Marylander's aren't allowed to carry concealed either, so it's a win-win for the robbers, rapists, etc..
If it were only feasible to conduct a beta test; announce that CCW's are obtainable by anyone who passes a background check, and grant permits.
This to see if the crime rate decreases because the bad guys won't/don't know who's carrying and who isn't.

glhs837

Power with Control
I wonder what the incidence of armed robberies over the last two years vs the two years before that. Seems these last two years have been rife with them.

officeguy

That won't happen here in MD. The S.O.P. is to call the law after something happens. So, by the time the cops show up; and I'm not bashing this time; the bad guys are long gone. We Marylander's aren't allowed to carry concealed either, so it's a win-win for the robbers, rapists, etc..
If it were only feasible to conduct a beta test; announce that CCW's are obtainable by anyone who passes a background check, and grant permits.
This to see if the crime rate decreases because the bad guys won't/don't know who's carrying and who isn't.

That robbery happened in a business. It is already legal for the manager or owner to carry on the business premises. It is also possible for the manager or owner of a business to obtain a permit to carry while he makes bank deposits. Few businesses avail themselves of either option, mostly due to liability concerns.

BernieP

Resident PIA

If one of those poor souls was shot we would have parade of "hands up, don't shoot" sign waivers in SMC.

rdytogo

Nonesense! There is no carry permit needed to have a gun in this business or any business for that matter. People in this store could have armed themselves but they chose not to. Your test is there! HERE is the announcement! ANY BUSINESS CAN ARM THEIR ADULT EMPLOYEES!!!

Roman

Nonesense! There is no carry permit needed to have a gun in this business or any business for that matter. People in this store could have armed themselves but they chose not to. Your test is there! HERE is the announcement! ANY BUSINESS CAN ARM THEIR ADULT EMPLOYEES!!!
Where did you get this information. Not being snarky, I am just interested.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Where did you get this information. Not being snarky, I am just interested.

He's mostly right.. the business owner can carry in his business, and from what I read ONLY the business owner has a right to carry a weapon I their business whether they own or lease the building their business is in.

In this case the robbers timing was perfect and they were very lucky.

Last edited: