SMC Sheriff's office can take their ROBO calls and....

TPD

the poor dad
So is anyone else as pissed as I am over the TWO ROBO calls from the sheriff's office this morning at odark thirty? What is it they wanted to accomplish with those calls when 95% of the populace is in bed asleep in the safety of their domicile? If it is help from the public they wanted in capturing the thugs, then they should have never encrypted radio communications. I did not need to be taken out of my slumber for these meaningless calls. And what exactly is 'my area' - my immediate street, my neighborhood, my zipcode, everything south of LP City, the entire county? So according to news reports, the robbery took place a bit after 11pm. I didn't get the call till 12:45am. Who makes the decision on the circumstances that warrant a call and how wide of a calling area to use? Why doesn't a domestic dispute get a robo call? A high speed chase? A rape? A speed trap? Where do we draw the line? Just because the technology is available, doesn't mean it needs to be used.

I did not sign up for these calls so why am I getting them? Even my fax # received the call! After losing 3 hours of sleep for naught last night, I AM PISSED! After I calm down, I will contact the sheriff's office and voice my frustration, AND I will figure out how to remove my name from the call list.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
yet, had they not warned people there was someone armed in a travelable distance and they had carjacked someone or broken into a home to take hostages, everyone would be pissed then too. I'd rather take the warning, myself, and be vigilant

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
yet, had they not warned people there was someone armed in a travelable distance and they had carjacked someone or broken into a home to take hostages, everyone would be pissed then too. I'd rather take the warning, myself, and be vigilant

^This^

TPD

the poor dad

But apparently these were not those kind of people - no shots fired during the robbery and guns tossed after the robbery according to news reports. If we were not a society to make guns to be so scary, everyone would own a gun and be able to protect their home and family without the sheriff''s office calling to warn us. And a carjacking? How does a phone call to my house at 1am prevent a carjacking? Concealed carry prevents carjackings.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
But apparently these were not those kind of people - no shots fired during the robbery and guns tossed after the robbery according to news reports. If we were not a society to make guns to be so scary, everyone would own a gun and be able to protect their home and family without the sheriff''s office calling to warn us. And a carjacking? How does a phone call to my house at 1am prevent a carjacking? Concealed carry prevents carjackings.

I'm not scared of guns..have plenty in the house myself. I am, however, scared of criminals who just robbed a store and are on the run, with guns. They are OBVIOUSLY "that kind of people" considering they just robbed a store and appear to have no qualms about breaking the law

Roman

I would have appreciated the call, and then I'd check to make sure all doors and windows are locked.

SoMDGirl42

I wasn't close to where the robbery took place, but I didn't mind the calls. I'd rather be on guard, then not.

awpitt

Main Streeter
So is anyone else as pissed as I am over the TWO ROBO calls from the sheriff's office this morning at odark thirty?......

Turn your ringer off at night if it's that big of a problem.

I do have to agree that it would've been a little more useful had they specified the area/location. "Suspect last seen..."

PeoplesElbow

I am annoyed, I never got the call warning me but I got the call that they captured them, was like WTF I don't care.

FED_UP

I would have appreciated the call, and then I'd check to make sure all doors and windows are locked.

You're supposed to lock up before bed. The call was annoying in a dead sleep and then a second one. I guess I did not mind it but it was annoying, what can I do but go back to sleep. I think 11:00pm should be the latest for calls like that. So for all you Al Capone wannabees, please rob the stores about 10:30 so you won't annoy the entire town.

The guy that followed the car should get the max reward.

glhs837

Power with Control
You're supposed to lock up before bed. The call was annoying in a dead sleep and then a second one. I guess I did not mind it but it was annoying, what can I do but go back to sleep. I think 11:00pm should be the latest for calls like that. So for all you Al Capone wannabees, please rob the stores about 10:30 so you won't annoy the entire town.

The guy that followed the car should get the max reward.

I note the updated report neglects to to mention that someone followed the bozos. I suspect a thought process like this...

"Do we want to mention someon followed the bad guys?"

"Nope, that would be seen as encouraging this sort of thing, cant have that now can we"

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Winner!

I didn't receive the call. Must not be registered in their system.

PeoplesElbow

I remember a couple years ago getting a call in the middle of the night about an approaching snow storm two days away.

TPD

the poor dad
So according to this article, the police had a bead on the criminals the entire time - 8 MILES AWAY FROM ME! Actually they were searching very close to my friend's house who heard the helicopter and had the lights shining down on his house, but he never got a phone call. So if they knew where the thugs were within a half mile, why did I get a phone call 8 miles away AND 90 minutes to 2 hours after the incident?! Smh

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0...lding-robbers-quickly-captured-by-police.html

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Turn your ringer off at night if it's that big of a problem.

I do have to agree that it would've been a little more useful had they specified the area/location. "Suspect last seen..."

Why in God's name is this necessary? Maybe TPD is on call, has teenagers, or elderly relatives. What right do you suppose they have to call personal phones? Sissies should be required to opt in, if they can't protect themselves from criminals. Under no circumstances should anyone be required to opt out. My Mossberg will serve me just fine.

rdytogo

Why in God's name is this necessary? Maybe TPD is on call, has teenagers, or elderly relatives. What right do you suppose they have to call personal phones? Sissies should be required to opt in, if they can't protect themselves from criminals. Under no circumstances should anyone be required to opt out. My Mossberg will serve me just fine.

I don't know the answer to this, but since I have never gotten one of these calls and my number is unlisted does that have something to do with it?