Be Vigilant

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Even if you don't work on Pax, you do live and / or work in the area, you need to be aware and exercise vigilance. When I worked up the road after 9/11, the rule was, if you see something say something. That means if you see something out of the norm or someone acting weird, or even think to yourself, well that seems odd, then you should call the authorities (non-emergency line). Yes, it may indeed be nothing, but I think with a credible threat, it is better to be safe than sorry.

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/...tion_type_map=["og.shares"]&action_ref_map=[]

Excerpt:
According to the publication, ISIS urges followers and sympathizers in the U.S. to kill the servicemen. Specific personnel on the list are largely from the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy - branches of the country's military that have conducted massive air strikes against ISIS.

Cities expected to increase in security due to the threat are below:
Maryland: Upper Marlboro, Warrensburg, Lexington Park

Whitey

I hope I'm not the only one who thinks thousands of people per day sitting in traffic outside the base are vulnerable to attack...surely smarter people than me have thought about this and measures are in place? Measures other than a digital scanner in the hands of a 20 y/o kid in blue cammies...seems that item is more important than the weapon on their hip.

Nightmare scenario: A UHaul full of Jihadis parked in the Shell gas station parking lot at the corner of 235 and Pegg Rd...versus a line of hundreds of cars with unarmed DoD workers sipping their morning coffee.

KDENISE977

Even if you don't work on Pax, you do live and / or work in the area, you need to be aware and exercise vigilance. When I worked up the road after 9/11, the rule was, if you see something say something. That means if you see something out of the norm or someone acting weird, or even think to yourself, well that seems odd, then you should call the authorities (non-emergency line). Yes, it may indeed be nothing, but I think with a credible threat, it is better to be safe than sorry.

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/...tion_type_map=["og.shares"]&action_ref_map=[]

Excerpt:
According to the publication, ISIS urges followers and sympathizers in the U.S. to kill the servicemen. Specific personnel on the list are largely from the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy - branches of the country's military that have conducted massive air strikes against ISIS.

thats scary :cds:

baxter

Any other possibilities you want to mention? Your like the govt, tell them what we are doing, oh what the hell, give them some additional ideas, typical Obama supporter

Whitey

Any other possibilities you want to mention? Your like the govt, tell them what we are doing, oh what the hell, give them some additional ideas, typical Obama supporter

Apparently smarter people than me have not thought about this.

I shouldn't be working at Burger King...

DEEKAYPEE8569

I hope I'm not the only one who thinks thousands of people per day sitting in traffic outside the base are vulnerable to attack...surely smarter people than me have thought about this and measures are in place? Measures other than a digital scanner in the hands of a 20 y/o kid in blue cammies...seems that item is more important than the weapon on their hip.

Nightmare scenario: A UHaul full of Jihadis parked in the Shell gas station parking lot at the corner of 235 and Pegg Rd...versus a line of hundreds of cars with unarmed DoD workers sipping their morning coffee.
I'd like to think not all of us are unarmed.

Tech

You mean like trying to turn into CIA HQ?

luvmygdaughters

Excerpt:

My daughter sent this to me this morning. Its so damn scary, she works for the govt on Pax. I told her the same thing, stay vigilant and be very aware of your surroundings and people. Report anything unusual.

glhs837

Power with Control
Driving into gate one? I'd sure hope so. :coffee:

I'd throw my keys at them. :shrug:

Yeah, while there are some folks who can carry loaded through the gate, that numbers going to be real low. Me, good day to ride a motorcycle :)

DEEKAYPEE8569

Yeah, while there are some folks who can carry loaded through the gate, that numbers going to be real low. Me, good day to ride a motorcycle :)

Well, I for one am not going to worry about carry loaded through the gate. Never did worry, because I don't. IF there was ever a real active shooter, we'd all be hiding somewhere anyway, being easy pickin's.
It's the off-base dumb-a**es you have to worry about; parking lots; if you're broken down on the shoulder; or in the middle of nowhere; that kinda thing.

glhs837

Power with Control

I'd like to think not all of us are unarmed.

Driving into gate one? I'd sure hope no one is carrying. :coffee:

I'd throw my keys at them. :shrug:

DeeKay, you didn't understand, I think. The original point as I took it was that any inimical forces carrying out an attack on the lines of supposedly unarmed workers waiting to get on base might find that some of those unarmed workers might be armed. Misfit hoped that no one was. My point was that maybe a few folks are, but not many. I wasn't saying that anyone on base is threatened by someone carrying through the gate.

DEEKAYPEE8569

DeeKay, you didn't understand, I think. The original point as I took it was that any inimical forces carrying out an attack on the lines of supposedly unarmed workers waiting to get on base might find that some of those unarmed workers might be armed. Misfit hoped that no one was. My point was that maybe a few folks are, but not many. I wasn't saying that anyone on base is threatened by someone carrying through the gate.

Aahhh.....I get it.....

Whitey

Well, I for one am not going to worry about carry loaded through the gate. Never did worry, because I don't. IF there was ever a real active shooter, we'd all be hiding somewhere anyway, being easy pickin's.
It's the off-base dumb-a**es you have to worry about; parking lots; if you're broken down on the shoulder; or in the middle of nowhere; that kinda thing.

It's off base that I'm talking about...as in that line of traffic you find yourself in each and every morning.

??

Not that being on base makes you any safer. It would be way too much time before anyone figured out what was going on and would be able to react effectively. I'm not talking about a single nut job off his meds. I'm thinking along the lines of a coordinated attack by well armed militants...full auto AKs, RPGs and the like. Even the guards on the TACAMO line are going to be hesitant to be the first to shoot at a vehicle coming down Taxi Way Alpha..."Oh $hit...should I open up on this van? Probably just the Eagle guys" Because god knows, some 3rd Class PO fills a contractor with lead he's off to Leavenworth and he knows it.

EDIT; But that could never happen here.

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

If they park at that shell station they will get robbed.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
It's off base that I'm talking about...as in that line of traffic you find yourself in each and every morning.

??

Not that being on base makes you any safer. It would be way too much time before anyone figured out what was going on and would be able to react effectively. I'm not talking about a single nut job off his meds. I'm thinking along the lines of a coordinated attack by well armed militants...full auto AKs, RPGs and the like. Even the guards on the TACAMO line are going to be hesitant to be the first to shoot at a vehicle coming down Taxi Way Alpha..."Oh $hit...should I open up on this van? Probably just the Eagle guys" Because god knows, some 3rd Class PO fills a contractor with lead he's off to Leavenworth and he knows it.

EDIT; But that could never happen here.

You know about CLEM_SHADY, right?

FED_UP

My daughter sent this to me this morning. Its so damn scary, she works for the govt on Pax. I told her the same thing, stay vigilant and be very aware of your surroundings and people. Report anything unusual.

Twice I heard people around me say Lexington Park is on the ISIS list, like the article says we are just beefing up security at Pax. Some should read closer and get the story straight, LP was not on the ISIS list. Even heard someone say we are on the list to be nuked. :faint:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Twice I heard people around me say Lexington Park is on the ISIS list, like the article says we are just beefing up security at Pax. Some should read closer and get the story straight, LP was not on the ISIS list. Even heard someone say we are on the list to be nuked. :faint:

The article I read stated that a person who's name was on the list, in is Lexington Park. That's certainly enough cause for concern, as far as I'm concerned. I also know for a fact that we have muslims here, because I just about ran into them in Wal Mart one day. The woman was in full burka. I 'bout crapped myself.