Brick Mason or general contractor

GopherM

Darwin was right
Is anyone here or does anyone here know of a licensed brick mason or handy man that can do masonry work on a small scale? We are selling our house and during the inspection it was noted that the bricks on our front steps need to be repaired and the buyer has specified that it must be done by a licensed contractor. It is just a few bricks on the bottom step and shouldn't take too long. I will need a receipt for proof that the work has been completed. Send me a PM.

mamatutu

mama to two
Is anyone here or does anyone here know of a licensed brick mason or handy man that can do masonry work on a small scale? We are selling our house and during the inspection it was noted that the bricks on our front steps need to be repaired and the buyer has specified that it must be done by a licensed contractor. It is just a few bricks on the bottom step and shouldn't take too long. I will need a receipt for proof that the work has been completed. Send me a PM.

My neighbor is a mason with the gov and works at the National Gallery of Art. I could ask him who he recommends. He has done awesome stuff around his house, including replacing his siding with brick. And, he built his own BQ/pizza oven in his backyard, which I am so jealous of, plus he knew how to make his heating system run solely off his fireplace in his house. He is awesome. Let me know and I will call him and ask. I am in Calvert.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
My neighbor is a mason with the gov and works at the National Gallery of Art. I could ask him who he recommends. He has done awesome stuff around his house, including replacing his siding with brick. And, he built his own BQ/pizza oven in his backyard, which I am so jealous of, plus he knew how to make his heating system run solely off his fireplace in his house. He is awesome. Let me know and I will call him and ask. I am in Calvert.

Try Guy and Guy at (301) 475-8588.

Goldenhawk

Try Guy and Guy at (301) 475-8588.
I'll second that recommendation. Had them do a very small job for me before; it was finished quickly and with quality. Not super cheap, but that's not surprising since the overhead for a small job is high for any contractor (materials, travel, scheduling).

GopherM

Darwin was right
No problem Thom. :yay: Good luck in Rome, have you got a toga? :lmao:

No toga but we will feel like royalty. The house is only about 2 miles from the heart of old Rome and sits at the top of a 900 foot hill that overlooks the town about 200 feet below. We can sit on the deck and keep an eye on things.

Are you still down in south eastish GA?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
No toga but we will feel like royalty. The house is only about 2 miles from the heart of old Rome and sits at the top of a 900 foot hill that overlooks the town about 200 feet below. We can sit on the deck and keep an eye on things.

Are you still down in south eastish GA?
No, my sister is still down there (Nahunta area), but I have been in central WV for close to 4 years straight now. I don't plan on ever moving again, we bought a place next door to a cemetery.

bilbur

No, my sister is still down there (Nahunta area), but I have been in central WV for close to 4 years straight now. I don't plan on ever moving again, we bought a place next door to a cemetery.

Not knocking WV because I partied at WVU for a couple of years and I loved it, but it made the list for the bottom 10 places to retire due to economics and lack of medical care. I was surprised MD wasn't on that list but they weren't on the top 10 list either. VA was in the top 10.

To stay on topic with the original thread I also recommend Guy and Guy.

GopherM

Darwin was right
Thanks to all. I connected with a licensed handyman today that came highly recommended. He will be completing the job this week.

I called Guy & Guy early today and they never got back to me. It is a very small job and they probably can't call people of the money jobs to handle something with no real profit behind it.