need a fence company in st. mary's

stckyfngrs

I have a fence that fell down during a wind storm and would like the name of a company that did a good job for you or one that sucks. Not Long fence!

RetiredCPO

Massey fence is the best fencer in the tri county area!!!

Your opinion and you're entitled to it.
Massey did a great job of planning and reviewing the estimate when I contracted them to install a fence, however, this was never passed to the crew that showed up to do the work. My fence ended up being erected in the wrong place and had to be completely taken down and moved to the correct location.
Learned a great lesson that day, don't have work completed while you're at work!
Oh, did I mention that they blamed the discrepancy on me and I had to pay the labor cost to have the fence moved?
Guess when you have employee's who can't read survey plans, that's my fault. I would not recommend them, but that is my opinion.

Peter Forsberg

None of them will comeback and fix anything that is wrong. I'm still waiting for Thomas to fix the half-Assed stuff they did to my fence. Massey did a neighbors fence and the gates are all messed up and they won't come fix it. I also had the same issue with communication between the person that gave the estimate and the workers.
Here is a little bit of advice make sure you are home and watch everything they do. For instance if they are suppose to concrete all the posts make sure they do it.

Last edited:

ltown81

Massey took our deposit, then took forever to do the fence. Then the first serious storm that came through blew all the plastic pickets apart and into the neighbors yard (like two weeks after completion). They told us it was not covered under warranty, and they would fix it if we paid. So I had to reassemble the fence that I had just paid them to build.

Last edited:

Beta

Smile!
Massey took our deposit, then took forever to do the fence. Then the first serious storm that came through blew all the plastic pickets apart and into the neighbors yard (like two weeks after completion). They told us it was not covered under warranty, and they would fix it if we paid. So I had to reassemble the fence that I had just paid them to build.

When did you contract them? I contracted them to do a fence last winter and the issue I ran into was that the ground was really cold frequently, so there were many days where they couldn't work. That put them behind schedule on a lot of their fence jobs. They weren't able to do my fence until early spring. The delays were annoying but there wasn't anything they could do about it.

They tell you what's covered in the warranty and I don't recall if storms are part of that. You have to be careful about what you sign up for...

RetiredCPO

None of them will comeback and fix anything that is wrong. I'm still waiting for Thomas to fix the half-Assed stuff they did to my fence. Massey did a neighbors fence and the gates are all messed up and they won't come fix it. I also had the same issue with communication between the person that gave the estimate and the workers.
Here is a little bit of advice make sure you are home and watch everything they do. For instance if they are suppose to concrete all the posts make sure they do it.

Agree completely! Massey claims 100% guaranty on the materials they use. I've had 5-6 spilt boards that have yet to be replaced.
Also, when they had to reposition the incorrectly placed fence I mentioned above, found out it was very easy for them... they had only put concrete in half the holes!

DannyMotorcycle

WOW.. So how much can one expect to pay for fencing? privacy fencing. Yes i know it depends on size, but how much per foot let's say? or per 6ft whatever the standard is? I would have sued them.

DannyMotorcycle

Chain link or privacy type? I have an EXCELLENT contractor, but he doesn't do chain link, only wood.

i'm not looking to put up a fence any time soon, but eventually.

ok wood. How much?

May i ask what you guys paid and for how much fencing? and what type of fence? considering that it's like $2 a foot for a 6 foot wooden fence,
i'm sure a fence is pretty expensive but i'd like to know in general.. if you dont' want to say exactly what you spent, a cost per foot answer would be great.