Rt 2 and Mt. Harmony Road

steppinthrax

I pass by there every day. It seems on Rt 2 right before you get to Mt. Harmony they have been removing trees (This area is a ditch!!!). In addition they have leveled out the corners on each side of Mt. Harmony??? It would appear they are building houses there, but they have bought in several temp concrete jersey walls. I also noticed that they have cut a line (masonry saw) into the right turning lane onto Mt. Harmoney. It looks like they are going to remove the right turning lane??? I saw this online, but the budget is 5 million. Unless there is more going on???

http://apps.roads.maryland.gov/WebProjectLifeCycle/ProjectInformation.aspx?projectno=CA382514

thein101

Does anyone know how long this construction is going to go on for? I can't find anything online that is giving me a time line. It would have been awesome for the transportation department to notify local residents as to what is going on. I'm not thrilled with 10,000 vehicles going down my street and not being able to get out of my driveway. I can't have my two young children in the front yard to play because of all the traffic....... I sure hope this doesn't go on for months on end like every other project in this county.

steppinthrax

Does anyone know how long this construction is going to go on for? I can't find anything online that is giving me a time line. It would have been awesome for the transportation department to notify local residents as to what is going on. I'm not thrilled with 10,000 vehicles going down my street and not being able to get out of my driveway. I can't have my two young children in the front yard to play because of all the traffic....... I sure hope this doesn't go on for months on end like every other project in this county.

Which side of Mt. Harmony are you on? Are you on the Simpson's Farm Road side?

RPMDAD

Man give me rte. 2 in Cal. Co anyday. Have had to make a couple of runs up to Deale in the past week and rte. 2 sucks in A.A. County. I think the lights and lanes are strange at rte. 2 and mt. Harmony, they should have left turn lanes and lights on rte. 2. I do like the fact they set up the left turn greens on Mt. Harmony crossing rte. 2. But 2 is a major commuter road.