animals in water snarling at me during night fishing

zar

Theist
I was fishing from my dock. 40 minutes in I hear this ungodly terrifying sounding snarling to my right, then a few moments another to my left as if they were surrounding me or communicating to each other. My guess was otters, but after looking the type of sounds they make it was not even close. Otters sound chirpy and have a birdlike tone. The noise i heard was vicious and terrible sounding. I have seen outters and muskrats but they seemed to have no interest getting near me or making sounds. I goggled outters and apparently they attack people all the time.

Any guesses to what it could of been?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I was fishing from my dock. 40 minutes in I hear this ungodly terrifying sounding snarling to my right, then a few moments another to my left as if they were surrounding me or communicating to each other. My guess was otters, but after looking the type of sounds they make it was not even close. Otters sound chirpy and have a birdlike tone. The noise i heard was vicious and terrible sounding. I have seen outters and muskrats but they seemed to have no interest getting near me or making sounds. I goggled outters and apparently they attack people all the time.

You're posting from Louisiana, right?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
So where were you? I've had beavers run me off after dark. They are quite territorial. If you are down south, I know they have problems with nutria taking over since they have no natural predators.

PeoplesElbow

So where were you? I've had beavers run me off after dark. They are quite territorial. If you are down south, I know they have problems with nutria taking over since they have no natural predators.

Ive had beavers running me off at night too :(

RPMDAD

The problem on this forum is people don't post the area they live. Not knowing even the county or state you live in i could not even make a guess.

zar

Theist
The problem on this forum is people don't post the area they live. Not knowing even the county or state you live in i could not even make a guess.

Hollywood MD.. who would of thought that someone posting on a southern maryland forum lives in southern maryland. Sorry for the confusion

zar

Theist
I wish I had the wherewithal to record the sound.. I am not being overly dramatic with my description. I am tempted to go back again with spotlights to figure out what was stalking me and my louieville slugger.

I wish I had the wherewithal to record the sound.. I am not being overly dramatic with my description. I am tempted to go back again with spotlights to figure out what was stalking me and my louieville slugger.

Knowing where you are now, my guess is beavers.