Inexpensive Wedding Cake

kalmd

I'm looking for an inexpensive wedding cake. Hubby and I are throwing a 50 year anniversary party for his parents. She still has her cake topper from 50 years ago and would like a small wedding cake to place it on. We're going to have a dessert table so the cake doesn't need to be big or fancy, just enough for the topper display and they can do the traditional cake cutting. I would like 3 small tiers (maybe 10", 8" and 6"). I don't want to spend a fortune on the cake since we'll have lots of other desserts.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I'm looking for an inexpensive wedding cake. Hubby and I are throwing a 50 year anniversary party for his parents. She still has her cake topper from 50 years ago and would like a small wedding cake to place it on. We're going to have a dessert table so the cake doesn't need to be big or fancy, just enough for the topper display and they can do the traditional cake cutting. I would like 3 small tiers (maybe 10", 8" and 6"). I don't want to spend a fortune on the cake since we'll have lots of other desserts.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

BJ's. And their cakes are pretty tasty too. Oh and can I suggest whomever your get prices from, you ask first the sizes of their rounds (some places may not have that option) and explain you aren't wanting a "wedding cake" but a tiered anniversary cake. Consider a square cake too.

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Thanks. I had no idea BJ's had wedding cakes.

And for God's sake, NEVER call anything "wedding ______ ". If you call and say "hey, I want to get a tiered cake, and I want these colors on it, and this writing, blah, blah, blah", they will give you a price estimate for $XXX amount. If you call and say "hey, I want a tiered WEDDING cake.....", they will charge you a crap-ton more for a "wedding" cake than they would for a regular cake. That's with any thing (flowers, decorations, dresses, etc.) related to a wedding.

kalmd

And for God's sake, NEVER call anything "wedding ______ ". If you call and say "hey, I want to get a tiered cake, and I want these colors on it, and this writing, blah, blah, blah", they will give you a price estimate for $XXX amount. If you call and say "hey, I want a tiered WEDDING cake.....", they will charge you a crap-ton more for a "wedding" cake than they would for a regular cake. That's with any thing (flowers, decorations, dresses, etc.) related to a wedding.

Thanks for the tip!

sm8

I really like the cakes from McKay's in Charlotte Hall. They have "wedding & Anniversary" looking cakes but not sure if they advertise them like that.

kalmd

I really like the cakes from McKay's in Charlotte Hall. They have "wedding & Anniversary" looking cakes but not sure if they advertise them like that.

I like McKay's cakes too. I love their frosting. I'l have to check into them.

Hank

my war
22222.jpg

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Smith Island cake. Comes in a variety of flavors for about $50.