Oriental Rug Cleaner

Suzette

Fan Dancer
Good rainy day!!! My question is......can anyone recommend a rug cleaning service that will take away and clean an oriental rug? It really needs it after this winter.

Riddle of the month..........If April showers bring may flowers.........What do may flowers bring???

Thank you!

EducatedRedneck

Good rainy day!!! My question is......can anyone recommend a rug cleaning service that will take away and clean an oriental rug? It really needs it after this winter.

Riddle of the month..........If April showers bring may flowers.........What do may flowers bring???

Thank you!

Pollen...:roflmao:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I just take my rugs outside and hang them off the clothesline. But an oriental rug, perhaps there's someplace in Annapolis.

May flowers bring June and kernels, probably referring to "nuts" in old English.

From A Hundreth Good Pointes of Husbandrie by Thomas Tusser published in 1557. Tusser is credited with the origination of "April showers bring May flowers", but it's the modern English translation of his old English.

As Ianeuer fryse pot, broth corne kepe hym lowe:
And feuerell fill dyke, doth good with his snowe:
A bushel of Marche dust, worth raunsomes of gold:
And Aprill his stormes, be to good to be tolde:
As May with his flowers, geue ladies their lust:
And Iune after blooming, set carnels so iust:
As Iuly bid all thing, in order to ripe:
And August bid reapers, to take full their gripe.
September his fruit, biddeth gather as fast:
October bid hogges: to come eat vp his mast:
As dirtie Nouember, bid thresh at thine ease:
December bid Christmas to spende what he please:
So wisdom bid kepe, and prouide while we may:
For age crepeth on as the time passeth away.
Finis.

Suzette

Fan Dancer
Oh...........May flowers bring...........PILGRIMS.............HAHAHA!!!!! It's OK to laugh now!!!

lmor

not Joe Haddeed

Thank you RareBreed, I gave them a call but they couldn't tell me right off if I'm within their free pickup and delivery area. Will give them another call tomorrow to find out.

I had an awful experience with Joe Haddeed. After the rug was picked up, a salesman called to ask if I wanted them to remove the fringe from the rug and to sell several other ways to up the cost. They removed the fringe despite my very firm no to remove it. I agreed to have a small area along the edge of the carpet, that had unraveled a bit, repaired. The repair was done with white thread on a brown carpet. After several calls to management, the fringe was replaced. There was no solution for the mismatched thread. I also recall that I had to call several times and speak to several people in order to have my rug delivered back to me.

Suzette

Fan Dancer
I had an awful experience with Joe Haddeed. After the rug was picked up, a salesman called to ask if I wanted them to remove the fringe from the rug and to sell several other ways to up the cost. They removed the fringe despite my very firm no to remove it. I agreed to have a small area along the edge of the carpet, that had unraveled a bit, repaired. The repair was done with white thread on a brown carpet. After several calls to management, the fringe was replaced. There was no solution for the mismatched thread. I also recall that I had to call several times and speak to several people in order to have my rug delivered back to me.

Thank you for letting me know of your bad experience with Haddeed. I'm not in their free pick up area so wasn't going to go with them, but now, I diffidently won't go with them. I used a local business a few years ago, but don't remember who they are. Maybe I'll just drag it onto my deck and wash it with Woolite........we'll see.