Recommendation for minor roof work

jiimi626

I'm looking for recommendations for someone to do minor roof work. I've had a few shingles fall off this past winter and I think there is a small leak where one of the bathroom vents pokes through. I'm not looking to replace the entire roof, just repair the handful of spots. Anyone have any recommendations? It doesn't have to be an official roofer, a quality handyman who can do a good job would be fine.

Thanks,

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Got bold enough and replaced my own few shingle that were loose.

It ain't hard. The peeps at HD or Lowes will be glad to tell how how to do it, with plenty of advice on youtube. One just has to be ready to climb a ladder and sweat a little, get some BlackJack sealer on their hands, and not hit their finger nails instead of roofing nails.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/vide...fr2=p:s,v:v&hsimp=yhs-002&hspart=mozilla&tt=b

Just one of many.

Good luck, and don't break your arm slapping yourself on the back! :buddies:

jiimi626

I think the roof is about 15, maybe 20 years old, house was built in late 90s. It looks to be in good shape (minus the few missing shingles), either way it isn't in the budget this year to do the whole thing.

It's a Cape Cod style house so the roof is very steep and I'm not the best at heights and would much rather spend a few extra $$ for someone else to do the work. I'm quite handy, but know my limits.