Gate 3

glhs837

Power with Control
Cant see why there would be, except for lunch, since it's already opened morning and night.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Cant see why there would be, except for lunch, since it's already opened morning and night.

Well, I guess exiting the base might be quicker.....til everybody from all three gates hits the 235 creeping parking lot. Can't imagine Route 5 and/or GMR being any better. I guess we'll see.

glhs837

Power with Control
Gate three is and has been open at closing time right along. And help it has to give is already being given. I leave through it every day. But nobody heading north is out that way. The amount of left turnerrs is pretty small.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Gate three is and has been open at closing time right along. And help it has to give is already being given. I leave through it every day. But nobody heading north is out that way. The amount of left turnerrs is pretty small.

Gate 3 is the quickest way home for me. Unless I have to pick up something "in town" on the way home, I go that way.

H

Hodr

It closes at 5pm, which is not great for a good deal of folks working the alternate work schedule. I used to live right outside the gate and when they switched hours I had to choose to either come in later (so they would be open in the morning) and then leave after 5, or come in earlier, when they were closed, so that I could leave before 5. There was no way I could both enter and leave through that gate and keep my schedule.

Beta

Smile!
It closes at 5pm, which is not great for a good deal of folks working the alternate work schedule. I used to live right outside the gate and when they switched hours I had to choose to either come in later (so they would be open in the morning) and then leave after 5, or come in earlier, when they were closed, so that I could leave before 5. There was no way I could both enter and leave through that gate and keep my schedule.

how many hours do you work? 0715-1645 is 9.5 hrs. For awhile it opened when, 0600 or earlier? :shrug:

awpitt

Main Streeter
So when I posted a 9.5 hour work day, that would be 9 hours of work and 30 minutes for lunch. Good job of not correcting me.

If you're charging for 9.5 hours, it should be 9.5 hrs of work plus .5 lunch for a total time elapsed of 10 hours.

H

Hodr

If you're charging for 9.5 hours, it should be 9.5 hrs of work plus .5 lunch for a total time elapsed of 10 hours.

The subject of the discussion was the amount of time between entering and exiting the gates, not what is being charged to the timesheet. And in my case I officially take an hour lunch, though usually it is taken sitting in front of my computer or answering the phone. Then add to that the 5-10 minutes I am early, and the 10 minutes or so it takes to get from the gate to my office when coming or going and you get roughly 10.5 hours (9H+1H+10M*3).

Last edited by a moderator:

awpitt

Main Streeter
The subject of the discussion was the amount of time between entering and exiting the gates, not what is being charged to the timesheet. And in my case I officially take an hour lunch, though usually it is taken sitting in front of my computer or answering the phone. Then add to that the 5-10 minutes I am early, and the 10 minutes or so it takes to get from the gate to my office when coming or going and you get roughly 10.5 hours (9H+1H+10M*3).

So you get paid for traveling between the gate and your office? That's a new one.

Beta

Smile!

So you get paid for traveling between the gate and your office? That's a new one.

JFC can you people extrapolate ANYTHING or do I need to spoon-feed it? I'm hoping that you're poking just to mess with me, because otherwise..................:doh:

But in case people really can't follow my point: if your hours in the office are 0715-1645, that's 9 hours charged plus 30 minutes of lunch. With that schedule you'd probably pass by gate 3 around 0700 & 1700 if you assume 15 minutes walking to car + driving to the gate. If the gate previously opened at 0600 (if not 0530) and closed at 1730, my point was that there are normal work hours that could reasonably have been accommodated by the (now defunct) gate 3 schedule. I was only pointing that out because Hodr indicated it wasn't possible to both enter and exit the gate with a normal work schedule. I think I reasonably showed that there was plenty of flexible time, assuming a 9 hour work day, and that even with a 10 hour work day it was possible to adjust your schedule accordingly. For anyone that doesn't work shift 1 or had to start/end at odd hours, they were (and still are) SOL.

To Hodr: 10.5 hours between entry and departure could be accommodated by 0600 arrival and 1630 departure (or 0630 arrival and 1700 departure just to make sure you had 30 minutes leeway between opening & closing of the gate). But it sucks to have your hours determined by a gate.

H

Hodr

Are you trolling, or do seriously lack the ability to comprehend what I wrote? I get paid for 9 hours of work, I estimate that I spend about 10.5 hours per day on base (driving included), and about 9.5 hours actually working, but still get paid for only 9 hours.

H

Hodr

I was only pointing that out because Hodr indicated it wasn't possible to both enter and exit the gate with a normal work schedule.

I didn't intend to say it wasn't possible with a normal schedule, just that it may not be possible for some schedules (most likely those with an AWS schedule), and provided myself as an example.