film developing

terbear1225

can anyone point me in the direction of a store where I can have film sent off for development. I have a couple of disposable cameras (one the underwater kind) that need to be developed but it seems that most places don't do film developing anymore due to the proliferation of digital cameras.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
can anyone point me in the direction of a store where I can have film sent off for development. I have a couple of disposable cameras (one the underwater kind) that need to be developed but it seems that most places don't do film developing anymore due to the proliferation of digital cameras.

Don't Rite Aid and CVS type stores do this?

terbear1225

thanks for the replies! I don't think target will send stuff out anymore. I seem to recall that the last time we had something to develop (couple years ago) we couldn't get it done at Target for some reason. Will check the new CVS is Hollywood on the way home.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
thanks for the replies! I don't think target will send stuff out anymore. I seem to recall that the last time we had something to develop (couple years ago) we couldn't get it done at Target for some reason. Will check the new CVS is Hollywood on the way home.

I was just there and didn't notice any film kiosks. But then again, I wasn't looking for one. They are pretty limited.

terbear1225

Just stopped in. They are not set up for photos yet but will have send out development when they do get set up. They also said that all the other CVSes in the area have send out development service

DEEKAYPEE8569

Just stopped in. They are not set up for photos yet but will have send out development when they do get set up. They also said that all the other CVSes in the area have send out development service

I haven't done the research myself, but can't you find a place to send film to be developed yourself? It might be just a tad cheaper, if cost is an issue.
Then again, maybe not. Film is not as widely used anymore.

BernieP

Resident PIA

oh, it seems you are looking for 'on site" development services. Good luck with that.

mitzi

Google it.. there are several mail in services.. usually much cheaper..

I wouldn't trust that. I sent film to them once and they claim they never received it. So I lost the pictures of my daughter's wedding shower.