Comcast or anything but?

GopherM

Darwin was right
So, does anyone have any experience with Comcast? There seems to be a lot of haters online when I check the reviews. Are they really worse, better or about the same as everyone else including DirecTV and Dish?

mamatutu

mama to two
We are pretty happy with Comcast. Live in Calvert and have had for about 10 years. Have the bundle (phone, internet, tv). Rarely lose service. The only thing that makes us mad is trying to keep the billing in check. Have a discussion with them every year about rise in prices without change in service. Have had luck at keeping the bill somewhat the same for years, but this year they raised it 20 no matter what I said. Right now paying 150 v 130 up to this year.

Have read many comments on this forum about other options/equipment. One of these days, we will look into other choices.

RPMDAD

Same here as mamatutu said, good service, few interruptions in service. Do have to watch and argue over price once in a while. We also have their triple play, TV , phone and internet. We are also in Cal. Co. Huntingtown area.

Last edited:

GopherM

Darwin was right
Good info. We are moving to northwest Georgia and the options are AT&T for landline and internet (6 Mps) and maintain our DirecTV account or go to Comcast Triple Play with internet speed at 50 Mps. Hard to sort through the complaints to figure out whether the Comcast fight is worth it. My Verizon DSL is only 3 Mps so maybe the AT&T solution is the best and doubles my internet speed.