1/2" Bar Stock?

I've got an Eagle Scout candidate in need of 1/2 inch bar stock. 4-5 feet of it total in 2 pieces to be the pins in a set of horse shoe pits. Anybody have a source?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I've got an Eagle Scout candidate in need of 1/2 inch bar stock. 4-5 feet of it total in 2 pieces to be the pins in a set of horse shoe pits. Anybody have a source?
Isn't it the responsibility of the Eagle Scout candidate to figure out how to complete his project?

Just say'n.

Isn't it the responsibility of the Eagle Scout candidate to figure out how to complete his project?

Just say'n.

As an ASM, I am well within the bounds of propriety to ask if anyone knows where to get a supply item that he looked for at the 2 places he thought of today. He will be doing the actual search I g and securing of the item. I am just asking for names so he has a place to start looking.

Yup...as the Dad of an Eagle.....yes....

I'm an Eagle, father of an Eagle, father of an Eagle candidate that will be starting his project in a month or so, and have helped 13 scouts earn their Eagle. I am well aware of what is, and is not, acceptable for me to do towards helping this young man in his quest for Eagle.

R

rhenderson

St Mary's has several "leagues" around the county. Many local bars support teams - both men's and women's. Check with some league members - you could contact through sponsors - he should be able to find readily available sources of info on supplies and "tricks of the trade" for installing and building the pits. Perhaps even be able to recruit some manpower.

mdff21

In your first post you are asking for 1/2 inch. Later you post that the regs. call for 1 inch. What are you looking for, if he is doing this project have him look it up.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've got some 3/4 and 1" bar stock in the "scrap" section of my metal inventory. I'm in Piney Point. Coffee Hull, Stauffers Machine and Posners will all have what you are looking for too.

In your first post you are asking for 1/2 inch. Later you post that the regs. call for 1 inch. What are you looking for, if he is doing this project have him look it up.

Typo thanks. 1" is what the scout needed to find. He found some yesterday. Thanks all for the helpful posts.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Might also try Fastenal

Address: 44040 Airport View Dr, Hollywood, MD 20636
Phone:(301) 373-2450

The one I shopped in Illinois cut steel to size as needed.