Baltimore Protests

Dakota

~~~~~~~
It is supposed to actually be tomorrow but they already have people climbing on cars and throwing things at vehicles. Not all press sources are giving the true picture. It could get worse, in fact, I'd bet on it.

If you had plans this weekend to visit Baltimore, I'd suggest you find something else to do.

Hogan has sent 32 troopers to help Baltimore control the crowds.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...eace-during-gray-protests-20150423-story.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/04/23/baltimore-freddie-gray-protests/26253743/

Hijinx

Tonight the crowd has gotten bigger and tomorrow several others are expected to come in. We will see how the weekend pans out there.

It gives them something to do besides hanging around the Block ogling the strippers.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
My thought is, as long as they're still protesting, they aren't getting what they want, the longer they don't get what they want, the angrier they become...let the looting and burning begin. No justice, no peace.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
My thought is, as long as they're still protesting, they aren't getting what they want, the longer they don't get what they want, the angrier they become...let the looting and burning begin. No justice, no peace.

I tell you what burns me is that I have seen arrestees fight and thrash about when arrested. I even know of an instance where a woman in custody broke out the back of a police car window here locally either with her head or foot - she thrashed so much. She was as high as a kite.

The man killed was known to police and has a pretty strong record of illegal activity prior to this incident to include distribution and possession not marijuana, so was he on a substance?

The pendulum is already swinging that cop = bad and known criminal = innocent victim before even toxicology reports are back. The police department isn't saying a word at all and if the officer is found "not guilty" what will happen in Baltimore at that time? Will it be another Fergusion?

Nobody listens to facts and all this racial tension seems to cloud views. Even the major was blasting the police department and if anyone should be on board with investigating for the purpose of learning more, it should be her.

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Wait for the announcement that the investigation concluded that he broke his own neck.

That doesn't even sound right in a sense but he had no other marks indicating he was beaten and the press is making it out that a white cop beat him & broke his neck... so are many protestors. Who was responsible for him once he was place in the paddy wagon? Just days before they put out an order saying that anyone riding in the paddy wagon had to be seat belted, why? because that is a rough ride even when your feet and hands aren't in shackles. But what happens when you cannot get the arrestee to calm down to get them seat belted in? Could they have called for a caged car?

I just think there are so many unanswered questions at this point but it does sound like things went horribly wrong once he was placed in that paddy wagon.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Another thought (that seems to happen after I post) is that he was tased. Did he fall and hit his head? Could he be one of those freak people who are seriously injured as a result of being tased?

Being tased hurts far more than expected. It causes every muscle to constrict and can cause cardiac arrest and, there are cases of death as a result of being tased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDpteEfB2-o

Either he died from the tasing or that horrible paddy wagon ride but I am not willing to jump on board and say the officer beat him to death, yet.

Tech

Another thought (that seems to happen after I post) is that he was tased. Did he fall and hit his head? Could he be one of those freak people who are seriously injured as a result of being tased?

Being tased hurts far more than expected. It causes every muscle to constrict and can cause cardiac arrest and, there are cases of death as a result of being tased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDpteEfB2-o

Either he died from the tasing or that horrible paddy wagon ride but I am not willing to jump on board and say the officer beat him to death, yet.

If he was handcuffed and placed inside the paddy wagon without a seat belt and taken for "a ride", is it the cops fault? Rode the back of ambulances for 20 years, we had EMTs injured while doing it, the bucket zigged when they thought it would zag.