Vango in Waldorf

luvscats

Has anyone used the Vango service in Waldorf? My 90-yr old mom can no longer get in/out of our car. She is strictly in a wheelchair now. I can take her to/from doctor's visits for $1.50 if I use Vango. The door-to-door service is $60-$80 so I can save a lot of money if we use Vango.

Anyone have any experience with Vango? How long did you have to wait to be picked up after the doctor visit to be taken home?

thank you. :)

FED_UP

Has anyone used the Vango service in Waldorf? My 90-yr old mom can no longer get in/out of our car. She is strictly in a wheelchair now. I can take her to/from doctor's visits for $1.50 if I use Vango. The door-to-door service is $60-$80 so I can save a lot of money if we use Vango.

Anyone have any experience with Vango? How long did you have to wait to be picked up after the doctor visit to be taken home?

thank you. :)

Don't know anything about them but I saw this review on yelp. Maybe this person had a bad day.

10/3/2014
Worse transportation I've ever had to take, they hardly ever on time, the buses are raggedly to the point, it's always breaking down and u call the office and they rarely answer the phone and when they do they have a nasty attitude. They mechanics they have ain't worth nothing.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/vango-public-transportation-for-charles-waldorf

luvmygdaughters

Don't know anything about them but I saw this review on yelp. Maybe this person had a bad day.

10/3/2014
Worse transportation I've ever had to take, they hardly ever on time, the buses are raggedly to the point, it's always breaking down and u call the office and they rarely answer the phone and when they do they have a nasty attitude. They mechanics they have ain't worth nothing.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/vango-public-transportation-for-charles-waldorf

My father used the St. Marys to go to Charlotte Hall where he made the connection with Van Go to go to the dentist in Waldorf. It took forever because, of course, the bus had to stop at all the stops. On the way back was the same thing. He said he would never use them again. Of course, this has been some years ago.

sm8

I would not recommend Vango for a disabled person. My Aunt was left on the side of the road for 4 hours because every bus that came by to pick her up the wheel chair ramp was broken. We also had a separate experience where the ramp broke while she was on it and it amlost flipped her off onto the ground from about 4-5 feet in the air. A complete stranger walking by caught her and held her up in the air for well over 30 minutes before they were able to fix it enough to get her to safety. I do not believe I will ever be able to convince her to get on it again. There is a program called ADA that is under Vango. You may have better luck with that. St. Mary's has a similar bus program and we have had very good experiences with them. If she has medical assistance I believe there is a program that provides transportation.

http://www.charlescountymd.gov/cs/vango/vango

luvscats

Thank you everyone for this insight. I will not use them. I'll check out the ADA program and we'll continue to use the door-to-door service. It is more expensive but not risky, and Mom's condition isn't such that she can spend hours waiting or being fearful. We can cut corners in other areas. :)

luvmygdaughters

Thank you everyone for this insight. I will not use them. I'll check out the ADA program and we'll continue to use the door-to-door service. It is more expensive but not risky, and Mom's condition isn't such that she can spend hours waiting or being fearful. We can cut corners in other areas. :)

Have you tried the Health Department. They have transportation for doctors appointments, dialysis, etc. We used to use them for my father.