Cardinal attack

KDENISE977

I've got this damned cardinal dive bombing the window in my garage for 3 days now. Same window, all day. I can't believe it's not got a brain injury yet??? It's a menace, pooping all over my husbands truck and the driveway. What gives :shrug:

Roman

I've got this damned cardinal dive bombing the window in my garage for 3 days now. Same window, all day. I can't believe it's not got a brain injury yet??? It's a menace, pooping all over my husbands truck and the driveway. What gives :shrug:
If it's a male, he probably sees his reflexion, and sees it as another male coming in to his hood!! Male birds are very territorial.

KDENISE977

If it's a male, he probably sees his reflexion, and sees it as another male coming in to his hood!! Male birds are very territorial.

I think it's a male, it's bright red.

I just don't understand why he just doesn't go away?? or maybe I can understand him getting confused ONE day, but it's all day and when I walk over to him and shoosh him away, he flies right over to the utility trailer and sits and waits for me to leave??

thejeepster14

It's spring

My husband has to put pillow cases on both rear view mirrors of his truck. Cardinals make a mess of his truck! I'm surprised the birds don't break their little beaks. But spring is sprung and they don't want any competition for the ladies (birdies that is).

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
My husband has to put pillow cases on both rear view mirrors of his truck. Cardinals make a mess of his truck! I'm surprised the birds don't break their little beaks. But spring is sprung and they don't want any competition for the ladies (birdies that is).

We had this problem last year. Damn cardinal wouldn't leave my husbands truck alone. He finally stopped scratching the windows and mirrors with the little help of a pellet gun.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Are you sure there's not nest in the garage? I took a motorcycle helmet of the wall of our garage at Christmas to get my santa hat that was under the helmet and there was a bird's nest inside the helmet, complete with egg shells. Little bright blue ones. The birds were long gone, but thought it was interesting they would build a nest there.

KDENISE977

Are you sure there's not nest in the garage? I took a motorcycle helmet of the wall of our garage at Christmas to get my santa hat that was under the helmet and there was a bird's nest inside the helmet, complete with egg shells. Little bright blue ones. The birds were long gone, but thought it was interesting they would build a nest there.

Husband opened the garage door last night and sucker flew away... didn't see him again till this morning. We had left the garage door open till we went to bed :shrug:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Husband opened the garage door last night and sucker flew away... didn't see him again till this morning

We have a male and female cardinal that hang around here, they are quiet all day, but when my husband comes home and goes out back they go crazy. He usually fills the bird bath or turns on the sprinkler for them. They're fun to watch playing in the sprinkler.

b23hqb

PREMO Member

We have a small bird that nests every year in our garage on a shelf in a small wooden box. Really cool. We leave the side door window opened with a screen so the bird can fly in and out. When they hatch and start to learn to fly, they are all over the garage flopping and fluttering around, and then they're gone until next January or so. The grand kids get a kick out of watching the next.

We have at least two sets of cardinals that nest around our backyard feeder, and they are fun to watch.

Cardinals do like to attack their reflection. Some links on suggestions to help:

http://blog.duncraft.com/2012/03/22...ing-into-my-window-car-mirror-car-bumper-etc/

Last edited:

KDENISE977

We have a male and female cardinal that hang around here, they are quiet all day, but when my husband comes home and goes out back they go crazy. He usually fills the bird bath or turns on the sprinkler for them. They're fun to watch playing in the sprinkler.

I wouldn't mind it if
a. I wasn't worried he's going to break the window and stain my husbands truck
b. I'm trying to walk a blind dog around the yard to get some exercise and do her "business" and
it's LOUD and kinda freaky with him flying up and back from the truck to the window and bashing his
little beak on the glass.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I wouldn't mind it if
a. I wasn't worried he's going to break the window and stain my husbands truck
b. I'm trying to walk a blind dog around the yard to get some exercise and do her "business" and
it's LOUD and kinda freaky with him flying up and back from the truck to the window and bashing his
little beak on the glass.

Some links about cardinals:

http://www.wild-bird-watching.com/Cardinals-Windows.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_10010395_keep-cardinal-flying-window.html

We have cardinals all the year, and have not experienced your problem. Good luck.