kittens

lovinmaryland

a stray cat had a litter of kittens under one of our sheds. What do I do? I know nothing about animals :lol: Do I just leave them alone?

a stray cat had a litter of kittens under one of our sheds. What do I do? I know nothing about animals :lol: Do I just leave them alone?
I see it as two choices: 1) You foster the family and vet the kittens including alteration when of age and they you'll have your own feral colony or 2) you call animal control because the mother and each female kitten that survives will be producing more kittens before the end of the year.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I see it as two choices: 1) You foster the family and vet the kittens including alteration when of age and they you'll have your own feral colony or 2) you call animal control because the mother and each female kitten that survives will be producing more kittens before the end of the year.

Or 3) leave them be and, depending on where you live, other critters might take care of them.

Foxes have to eat, too.

Or 3) leave them be and, depending on where you live, other critters might take care of them.

Foxes have to eat, too.
Yeah, but the survivors will most likely end up with rabies and she has a litter of kids of her own I'd be worried about. :frown:

lovinmaryland

Ok so putting out a bowl of cat food is not the right idea then :lol: they are soooooo cute I just want them all!!!! :frown:

Foxes have to eat, too.

:shocking: :cds: :bawl:

Ok so putting out a bowl of cat food is not the right idea then :lol: they are soooooo cute I just want them all!!!! :frown:
In all seriousness, you can have them all. But feeding them isn't the end all. If you feed them you take on responsibility for them and you'll need to vet them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

If you decide to let them be yard cats and work for a living, make sure you have them vetted and neutered/spayed. True story:

The farmhouse on Larry's greenhouse property where he lives now used to be inhabited by the crazy irresponsible cat lady. I think she started off with one or two, but she neglected to have them fixed. A couple years later and I'm not kidding you, you've never seen so many cats in your life. It was insane.

lovinmaryland

If you decide to let them be yard cats and work for a living, make sure you have them vetted and neutered/spayed. True story:

The farmhouse on Larry's greenhouse property where he lives now used to be inhabited by the crazy irresponsible cat lady. I think she started off with one or two, but she neglected to have them fixed. A couple years later and I'm not kidding you, you've never seen so many cats in your life. It was insane.

My boys said "oh so and so has 30 or so cats living in the yard at their house" I was like wtf how did that happen??? "oh his mom put out a bowl of cat food" :lmao:

I can barely afford my kids I cant add animals to that mix :lol: So if I just leave them alone theyll just go away or do I need to call someone to get them? They wont kill them will they?

I can barely afford my kids I cant add animals to that mix :lol: So if I just leave them alone theyll just go away or do I need to call someone to get them? They wont kill them will they?
They won't necessarily just go away. The females can start breeding on their own by September.... about 5 months old or so.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
My boys said "oh so and so has 30 or so cats living in the yard at their house" I was like wtf how did that happen??? "oh his mom put out a bowl of cat food" :lmao:

I will contact you.... I have someone that may be able to help

lovinmaryland

They won't necessarily just go away. The females can start breeding on their own by September.... about 5 months old or so.
hmmm so I need a trap then!
Start a thread asking if anyone has a pet snake they need food for. At least one animal nutter will freak out and offer to come get them.
OMG that is terrible!!!! :lol:
I will contact you.... I have someone that may be able to help

:yahoo: