Death Investigation at Mt Zion Church Daycare

DeeCee

A horse of course!
http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/05...natchurch.html

St. Mary's Sheriff's Office PIO, Cara Grumbles, told The BayNet that a death investigation is being conducted at Mt. Zion Church on Mt. Zion Church Road in Mechanicsville.

An officer told The BayNet that morning school at Mt. Zion Church on May 4 has been cancelled but afternoon school will most likely go on as planned.
The road reopened at 9:30 a.m.
More details to come as they are received.

Is the daycare in the church or do they have their own building?
The police statement said death investigation at the church. It makes sense that the daycare was closed this morning due to police activity and barriers which will be moved by this afternoon. I would think if the death was at the daycare they wouldn't be opening at all today.

BernieP

Resident PIA
The police statement said death investigation at the church. It makes sense that the daycare was closed this morning due to police activity and barriers which will be moved by this afternoon. I would think if the death was at the daycare they wouldn't be opening at all today.

from what I just read it sounds like someone took a leap to conclusion, that's going beyond a simple jump :)

new link doesn't say much more
http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0515/deathinvestigationatchurch.html

Looks like they have a tactical assault vehicle there?????

Last edited:

gretchen

I think this is a bad title for the thread. We might read on and see the whole story but some moms will google the daycare,and this will pop up. I can see how it would really hurt their business.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I've heard Alcoholics Anonymous meets there. I wonder if there's a connection.

:coffee:

on the radio today, I'll save the snark. Guy kills associate and then disappears, turns up in parking lot of church, dead from self inflicted gunshot.
Tragic, and a very poor choice of words by the Baynet (surprise) There is no real connection to the church or any organization using the church other than the decease may have attended (I don't know).
The first person shot was in Calvert county.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
on the radio today, I'll save the snark. Guy kills associate and then disappears, turns up in parking lot of church, dead from self inflicted gunshot.
Tragic, and a very poor choice of words by the Baynet (surprise) There is no real connection to the church or any organization using the church other than the decease may have attended (I don't know).
The first person shot was in Calvert county.

Wonder what their connection was ( the two deceased).