Gridlock!

H

Hodr

At 6PM I spent 30 minutes stuck on Chancellor's Run before turning around and going back the way I came. The road is usually smooth sailing at that time, and it's several miles from the bridge.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I bailed and spent an hour in the library. Traffic jam, ain't nobody got time fo dat.

bilbur

how can one accident on the approach to "the bridge" gridlock an entire area?

Because there are people that really believe misery loves company or that their time is much more important than everyone else's. Instead of getting in line to go to the bridge in the right land there are people that will be in all lanes that will eventually have to go the way of the bridge. I guess they figure something magical will happen and they will somehow be able to jump in front of everyone else into a lane that isn't moving. Reality is they block all lanes and sit with their turn signal on trying to force their way in front of everyone else that waited their turn. Or they sit in the middle of the intersection knowing full well that they will not make it through and block the ones that would be able to get home because they do not live that way. Sorry to vent but I witnessed some of the most selfish and down right despicable moves of drives jockeying to better their position while I was waiting patiently for my lane to move another 10 feet. This includes a large box truck blast up the turn lane only to cut in front of the people doing things right and waiting for enough space to open up to go through the intersection by Cracker-Barrel or the SUV then the BMW that decided to enter the intersection on a yellow light and blocked everyone from going north for 2 light cycles. Without the jerks it probably would have taken half the time it did.

MMDad

Lem Putt
how can one accident on the approach to "the bridge" gridlock an entire area?

When it takes 1 1/2 hours to get the cars towed away what do you expect?

It will be years before they fix the situation, and the local tow companies cannot handle the work in a timely manner. They need to station an SHA tow truck at the bridge, at least during rush hours.

Hank

my war
When it takes 1 1/2 hours to get the cars towed away what do you expect?

It will be years before they fix the situation, and the local tow companies cannot handle the work in a timely manner. They need to station an SHA tow truck at the bridge, at least during rush hours.

Hence the cops pushing the car off the bridge,

MMDad

Lem Putt
But the crash did have the bridge blocked for more than 90 minutes. The broken down car just added a little extra pain.

BernieP

Resident PIA
But the crash did have the bridge blocked for more than 90 minutes. The broken down car just added a little extra pain.

the problem is it doesn't just isolate the bridge. 235 northbound was three blocked lanes of traffic, 4 once above Shady Mile Drive. How does an emergency service vehicle or tow truck get through?
But not just 235 north and RT 4 North over the bridge. Chancellors Run, Great Miles Road and Rt 5 at St. Andrews Church Rd (RT 4).

A couple of weeks ago I saw fire trucks going north in the southbound lanes, playing a game of chicken with the southbound traffic. And before anyone argues what the drivers (of the SB vehicles) should do, the issue is what one is likely to do and the results.

bilbur

the problem is it doesn't just isolate the bridge. 235 northbound was three blocked lanes of traffic, 4 once above Shady Mile Drive. How does an emergency service vehicle or tow truck get through?
But not just 235 north and RT 4 North over the bridge. Chancellors Run, Great Miles Road and Rt 5 at St. Andrews Church Rd (RT 4).

A couple of weeks ago I saw fire trucks going north in the southbound lanes, playing a game of chicken with the southbound traffic. And before anyone argues what the drivers (of the SB vehicles) should do, the issue is what one is likely to do and the results.

We must have been in traffic at the same time. Luckily southbound traffic was light but it didn't seem like the best move to me.