Modular home dealers?

rusty27

Beware of the dog
We are interested in building a home on a piece of property that was recently passed down to us. We are very interested in some of the modular designs but would consider a stick built house as well if it worked in our price range. We have been by American Dreams in Hughesville and liked what we saw but want to get other opinions. There doesn't seem to be many modular dealers in the area and I am not familiar with any of the local builders. So, I would like to know if anyone here has suggestions or experiences with any modular home dealers? Also if there are any suggestions on a affordable local home builder that would be helpful too thanks!

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Clayton Homes in Tappahannock VA. My coworker was in a similar situation. Almost went with them but then a friend of hers came out of retirement to help her family build their home. I know she drove over there at one point to look at some of their models and said you couldn't even tell they were "manufactured" homes. Looked like good quality.

GopherM

Darwin was right
Talk to the Amish. There is a major Amish modular home builder around the Hughsville/Mechanicsville area. They are supposed to do fantastic work but you have to arrange delivery from their "factory" to your site.

Talk to the Amish. There is a major Amish modular home builder around the Hughsville/Mechanicsville area. They are supposed to do fantastic work but you have to arrange delivery from their "factory" to your site.

There was an article on them in the paper years ago. Cool operation.