Racoon in Patuxent view Calvert County

Midnightrider

We have woods and I guess it went in there. I just thought if racoons are out during the day its not a good thing.

Its not that unusual to see them out on a nice day like today, particularly after a big storm like last night. If it was 90 and humid i would be worried though. Also, rabid animals usually move slow and look stoned for a lack of a better descriptor.

If you are concerned yu should call the nonemergency number for the sherrif office. They will put you in contact with animal control

catlingirl

Its not that unusual to see them out on a nice day like today, particularly after a big storm like last night. If it was 90 and humid i would be worried though. Also, rabid animals usually move slow and look stoned for a lack of a better descriptor.

If you are concerned yu should call the nonemergency number for the sherrif office. They will put you in contact with animal control

Ok thank you. It seemed normal and not stoned or whatever. It took off quickly.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

We had a rabid opossum in the yard a couple of years ago. I called and alerted my neighbor. It didn't last too much longer. It wandered out in the road and it got squished within the hour. :dead:

Midnightrider

We had a rabid opossum in the yard a couple of years ago. I called and alerted my neighbor. It didn't last too much longer. It wandered out in the road and it got squished within the hour. :dead:

we had a fox about 2 years back. He cornered me and our 20 pound poodle mix kicked his ass. Poor fox looked like he had smoked 20 joints. His eyes were all glazed, his mouth was open and drooling and he was moving real slow. I called animal control and they got there pretty quick. caught him and put him down, but not before he bit two neighborhood cats. In the end both cats had to be put down and i ended up getting raibies shots in my finger, right around the cuticles, because there was a possiblity that i was exposed when i checked on the dog. The dog was protected by the vaccine, so he was fine.