Dear Enterprise Newspaper

blacklabman

You wouldn't let me open an article because I had already opened too many (I think it was three). I'm sure your advertisers would be glad to know that I won't see their ads because I have read too many articles.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They're following the model that Salon and a few others tried 15 years ago and abandoned: making you subscribe (and pay) to get their content.

blacklabman

They're following the model that Salon and a few others tried 15 years ago and abandoned: making you subscribe (and pay) to get their content.

I do pay the $9.95 monthly fee to the WashPo, mainly for the crosswords, but sometimes the articles are worth it.

Goldenhawk

I declined to renew my subscription to the paper version recently because I could see all I needed online, and I was tired of the constantly growing stack of recycling paper.... I guess I'm part of the problem they face.

Pro tip: clear your cookies for the site and you reset their articles-read counter.

R

rhenderson

Or just clear your browsing history when you get their message. In cognito they don't see their cookie to count the number of times you visit. Clearing the browsing history deletes their cookies and they start the count anew.