Had to turn on the A/C

It got humid fast this evening. I was getting sticky just doing simple stuff. So, A/C is on and I'm sitting here in my shorts with a cold drink. So much for Spring. :ohwell:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I'm already into my second electric bill with the AC. Hasn't been that high though, maybe 20 or 30 bucks more.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I hate humidity and feeling sticky.

Just turned the air on here. Even though it is not *hot* temperature wise, the house felt like a sauna.
I have been totally unmotivated today and don't feel like doing anything. The humidity is my excuse and I'm sticking to it :lmao:

DEEKAYPEE8569

Just turned the air on here. Even though it is not *hot* temperature wise, the house felt like a sauna.
I have been totally unmotivated today and don't feel like doing anything. The humidity is my excuse and I'm sticking to it :lmao:

Have you considered a dehumidifier to use in concert with, or in place of your A/C for the early summer months? That way you can keep the A/C in the mid to upper 70's range, if you do choose to run it; and not make the A/C work too hard. 'course running the dehumidifier with the A/C might not save you a whole lot on your electric bill.

Edit: <CLICK!> Dehumidifier(s) and ceiling fan(s).....

frequentflier

happy to be living
Have you considered a dehumidifier to use in concert with, or in place of your A/C for the early summer months? That way you can keep the A/C in the mid to upper 70's range, if you do choose to run it; and not make the A/C work too hard. 'course running the dehumidifier with the A/C might not save you a whole lot on your electric bill.

Edit: <CLICK!> Dehumidifier(s) and ceiling fan(s).....

There is a dehumidifier running full time in the basement and ceiling fans throughout the house. I hate the humidity!