New Classifieds Are Up and Running!

DeeJay

Administrator
Staff member
You asked for it and now it's here!

We have upgraded the classifieds to include new features that have been frequently requested by the community. These include:

• The ability to post multiple ads, including photos and options, and check out one time;
  • Ability to renew ads within a generous time period, including extending ads that haven't yet expired;
  • You will be able to change your contact information in your existing ads;
  • Share your ads on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter;
  • A FREE photo with every ad;
  • And the ability to fund your account for future advertising.

We've made every attempt to make the new classifieds as user-friendly as possible, but it you have trouble navigating we have FAQs (http://class.somd.com/index.php?a=28&b=141) and What's New (http://class.somd.com/index.php?a=28&b=138) to help you, or you can email us at support(at)somd.com and we'll be happy to walk you through.

We hope you enjoy the new classifieds and thank you for using Southern Maryland Online for your advertising needs!

http://classifieds.somd.com

Last edited:

DeeJay

Administrator
Staff member
What's New!

Some of the most requested features in the new classifieds:

See your expired ads for 4 months and renew them if needed
Go to your account and click "My Expired Listings". You will see a list of your expired ads for the last 120 days. Below the listing you want to renew, click "Manage This Listing" and click the button that corresponds to the action you want to take.

Change the contact information for your ads
Go to your account and click "My Active Listings". Below the ad you'd like to edit, click "Manage This Listing" and select "Edit". On the next screen, select "Edit Details", and edit the information.

Shopping cart - multiple purchases, check out once
When you place your ad it will go into your shopping cart, which you'll see to the left of your screen. If you want to add photos or place multiple ads, they will all go into your cart, then you pay one time during checkout.

Attention Getters
Increase the visibility of your ads by adding an attention getter - a small gif that appears next to your ad and draws viewers.

Share on social media
You can share your ads on your Facebook, Twitter, and a number of other social media venues by going to your account and clicking "Sharing". Select the listing you'd like to share and follow the onscreen instructions.

You can also share other posters' ads on most social media sites, including Pinterest, by using the buttons at the top of each ad.

Account balances
You can add money to your classifieds account for current or future use. This is done under "Account Finance" in your Account.

Payment Options
The classifieds now accept PayPal, checks, and money orders for payment.

For a detailed description of all features of the new classifieds, please go to http://class.somd.com/index.php?a=28&b=135. If you require additional help, please contact us at 1-888-612-0003 x1 (business days 8 a.m. - 8 p.m); E-Mail support(at)somd.com; or visit our Online Help Desk (http://help.somd.com/desk/classifieds/).

Last edited by a moderator:

DEEKAYPEE8569

You asked for it and now it's here!

We have upgraded the classifieds to include new features that have been frequently requested by the community. These include:

• The ability to post multiple ads, including photos and options, and check out one time;
  • Ability to renew ads within a generous time period, including extending ads that haven't yet expired;
  • You will be able to change your contact information in your existing ads;
  • Share your ads on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter;
  • A FREE photo with every ad;
  • And the ability to fund your account for future advertising.

We've made every attempt to make the new classifieds as user-friendly as possible, but it you have trouble navigating we have FAQs (http://class.somd.com/index.php?a=28&b=141) and What's New (http://class.somd.com/index.php?a=28&b=138) to help you, or you can email us at support(at)somd.com and we'll be happy to walk you through.

We hope you enjoy the new classifieds and thank you for using Southern Maryland Online for your advertising needs!

SO much easier to navigate.

DeeJay

Administrator
Staff member
FAQS

Can I use my existing classifieds account?
Yes, your account is active and operational in the new system and all of your current ads are intact. If you have trouble logging in or notice a problem with your existing ad, please contact us at support(at)somd.com.

How do I register for an account?
Click on Register at the top right of the classifieds page and follow the instructions on the screen OR you can log in with Facebook.

How do I post an ad?
Once you're logged into your account, click Place Ad. From there you select the category for your ad, fill in the information, choose your options and photos, then preview (optional) or go to the next step. Your ad will be placed in a shopping cart that you'll see to the left of your screen. To place more ads, repeat the Place Ad process. When you're finished, click on your shopping cart to check out.

How do I pay for my ad?
We accept Visa, MC, Discover, American Express, and PayPal for online payment. You may also pay with a check or money order by sending it to us at the address provided.

How do I edit my ad?
Go to your Account and click on My Active Listings. Below the ad you'd like to edit, click Manage This Listing and select "Edit". As you hover over the selections you'll see tool tips that tell you what they are. From there you can edit the details of your ad or edit the media (photos, video, etc.)

How do I renew my ad?
Go to your account and click My Expired Listings. You will see a list of your expired ads for the last 120 days. Below the listing you want to renew, click Manage This Listing and click the button that corresponds to the action you want to take. You can also extend an ad that hasn't expired yet.

How do I upload a photo to my ad?
When placing your ad you will see Image & File Upload. Click Select Files and follow the instructions on the screen. The first photo is FREE; after that they are $1.95 each.

How do I contact a seller?
You can contact the seller by email, phone, or whatever method they have chosen for contact.

What is the cost for advertising?
Our advertising prices are listed at http://class.somd.com/index.php?a=28&b=143.

bwerring

New Classified

I Do not like it not user friendly as old one, click on link on home page and dose not go to job opening or classified ad.

DeeJay

Administrator
Staff member
click on link on home page and dose not go to job opening or classified ad.

It will. Right now it goes to the main classifieds page until David can get the feed set up, which will happen in the next few days.

Like anything new, it takes some getting used to but I'm sure once you get familiar with it you'll like it much better than the old system. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hate getting used to something new, too, but the classifieds are making me pretty happy. I'd been compiling a wish list over the years, based on what people say when they call for support. #1, they wanted to be able to renew their ads instead of having to start over; #2, they wanted to be able to compose their ad with photos, etc, and do multiple ads, but only put their credit card information in once; #3, all sorts of miscellaneous requests.

The new system has all of my wish list items on it, so I'm tickled pink! :yahoo:

molly_21

Unless I am missing something, I don't see were you can search by posting date or even when it was posted. I don't want to search through 10 pages of lets say job ads when I only want the last two days.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Unless I am missing something, I don't see were you can search by posting date or even when it was posted. I don't want to search through 10 pages of lets say job ads when I only want the last two days.

On the main page it lets you search for Recent Ads right below the main search feature. You can choose 24 hours, 1 week, 2 weeks, and 3 weeks. When you click the timeframe, it takes you to a category list, where you can choose what type of new ads you want to see.

OR you can go to the category of the ads you want to see, then scroll down to see Newest Classifieds In (Category). The most recent ads show up first, or you can sort them by clicking Entry Date on the menu bar.

Ad posting dates are on the main ad detail page, right below the ad headline.