Date Night in Solomons

Hi :howdy:

My husband and I are planning a last minute 'night out' this Saturday to celebrate our anniversary. We didn't think we were going to spend a whole night out, maybe just dinner, because he's been so busy with work and honestly, we just kept putting things off but my parents offered to keep the kids overnight soooooo now we're searching for what to do and where to stay. I think Solomons might be nice, somewhere by the water. Of course I've found things online myself but I thought I'd also ask here to see if anyone had any suggestions?

:smile:

Bay_Kat

Tropical

My husband and I are planning a last minute 'night out' this Saturday to celebrate our anniversary. We didn't think we were going to spend a whole night out, maybe just dinner, because he's been so busy with work and honestly, we just kept putting things off but my parents offered to keep the kids overnight soooooo now we're searching for what to do and where to stay. I think Solomons might be nice, somewhere by the water. Of course I've found things online myself but I thought I'd also ask here to see if anyone had any suggestions?

My husband and I did a date night in Solomon's once, we stayed at the Best Western, they have jacuzzi rooms, that was a nice touch. We ate at the Lighthouse which was really good, not sure if it's rebuilt yet. It was nice just to walk around the water, on the piers and look at the boats.

MMDad

Lem Putt
My husband and I did a date night in Solomon's once, we stayed at the Best Western, they have jacuzzi rooms, that was a nice touch. We ate at the Lighthouse which was really good, not sure if it's rebuilt yet. It was nice just to walk around the water, on the piers and look at the boats.

Yes, it's rebuilt. Much better now. The old lighthouse had bad memories for me - that's where I got engaged.

GregV814

make sure you stop by Faststop and get some chicken tenders and pork rines....and a bottle of Bud....seems to be somd.s best combination....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Back Creek Bistro, of course. It's the only restaurant on Solomons that would be considered "romantic".

Midnightrider

This was nice when we stayed there a few years back. Plus its only a few steps from the tikibar. http://solomonsvictorianinn.com/

Lighthouse. Awesome food, nice place. Not too expensive.

The menu and view look nice but the tables outside look....umm, uncomfortable :lol: It's my anniversary, I can be a little picky :wink:

Blue Heron Inn - Bistro Belle Maison - make reservations for dinner. If you like cheese, order the fresh local cheese board. Also would be a wonderful place to stay from what I've seen.

http://www.blueheronbandb.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bistro-Belle-Maison-at-The-Blue-Heron-Inn/327023884017515

Cute B&B but there's nothing available for Saturday. I know it's last minute so I can't be THAT picky (see above comment) :lol:

I don't see a Best Western in Solomons and....ehh. The view at the Lighthouse really does look beautiful.

make sure you stop by Faststop and get some chicken tenders and pork rines....and a bottle of Bud....seems to be somd.s best combination....

No. Just no. I do have a coworker that's told me about her late night Faststop runs though :lol:

Back Creek Bistro, of course. It's the only restaurant on Solomons that would be considered "romantic".

That's the place I saw online that looked like it might be the winner. I don't see hotels near there though, am I missing something?? We'd like to walk or take a cab, you know, so we can drink and not worry about driving. Not that we want to get trashed but still :biggrin:

MMDad

Lem Putt
I don't see a Best Western in Solomons and....ehh. The view at the Lighthouse really does look beautiful.

That's the place I saw online that looked like it might be the winner. I don't see hotels near there though, am I missing something?? We'd like to walk or take a cab, you know, so we can drink and not worry about driving. Not that we want to get trashed but still :biggrin:

It's a Comfort Inn now.

There's a Hilton at Dowell Rd. and 4. Not really walking distance from Back Creek or the bars, and I do not advise trying to rely on cab service there.

Also, what time would you guys book dinner?

Would one of you just go ahead and plan my night? K thanks. Haha! Kidding. I live in Charles County and it seems like most everyone here is from St. Marys or Calvert and I don't go there much so I don't really know the area.

It's a Comfort Inn now.

There's a Hilton at Dowell Rd. and 4. Not really walking distance from Back Creek or the bars, and I do not advise trying to rely on cab service there.

Oh boo!! No cabs?? ((womp womp)) It's not like we're out to get wasted, I just don't want to have to worry about it and am fully prepared to pay for overpriced drinks that night :lmao:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
It's a Comfort Inn now.

:yeahthat:

And I'm again going to recommend the restaurant part, even if the inn is booked. Get a seat on the balcony, you are enclosed by trees, have a view of the water, limited seating so there isn't a bunch of other people there, and the food is fabulously wonderful. She cooks "farm to table" so her menu changes based on local availability. She gets a lot of her produce from Chesapeake's Bounty. It's elegant while being comfortable, intimate, and very yummy.

Check into your hotel, drive down to the island parking and then you could walk the strip, look in the little kitchy shops, have a pre game drink at the pier or tiki bar, take a stroll behind one of the shops (Kim's Key Lime) and have your dinner and it's like you are on another island.

Take another stroll, and then drive to your hotel. If you are staying in one of the bed and breakfasts, you can walk it, and you technically could walk to the closer hotels, but it's really a touch too far.

If you have base access, you guys could look at getting a rental cabin at the Solomon's Rec Center.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
get your breakfast at Kim's Key Lime Pies/Lotus Kitchen :drool: super delicious gourmet breakfast sandwiches and a gorgeous view of the water on the outside patio :yay:

Chris0nllyn

My wife and I went to Charles Street Brasserie (sort-of across the street from Tiki) for Valentine's Day.

It has a speak-easy sorta vibe and live music on Friday and Sat. nights.

The food was good, and I like the tapas-type menu (it's not all they have).

They also have outdoor seating and outdoor fire pits.

http://charlesstreetbrass.com/

Last edited: