Bridge

Pete

Repete
Why do you bridge folks keep ramming into each other and snarling traffic every evening? I just want to go home. Let's be more careful OK?

DEEKAYPEE8569

Why do you bridge folks keep ramming into each other and snarling traffic every evening? I just want to go home. Let's be more careful OK?

Two possible reasons Pete. 1) No one knows how to merge into traffic. Or; and this is more likely; 2) No one wants to let someone in front of them/no driver courtesy.

Now, if it's people slowing to a crawl before they get to the bridge or once they're on the bridge, that's a whole different, confounding issue.

Pete

Repete
I am no traffic engineer but I believe it to be this: Someone bumps into the other. In their distrust of the insurance and legal system they wont move to the side of the road out of the way and sit there until a Law Enforcement Professional shows up. This snarls traffic in the immediate vicinity. Cars now start to back up RT 4 to 235 south. Right turn lane traffic begins to back up. People unaware of the right lane back up, or perhaps those who wish to minimize stay one lane to the left of the turn lane to make maximum progress before becoming ensnarled themselves run up closer to the front, engage their signaling device and stop in the 2nd from the right lane. Soon the second from the right lane resembles the vehicular quagmire that is the right lane. This ripple effect spreads left until all of the travel lanes are impacted.

Or Rosered in all her hotness is out for a stroll which causes traffic disruptions due to dudes slowing to get an eyeful of Helen and Keller bouncing ever so lightly due to her peppy gait.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Or Rosered in all her hotness is out for a stroll which causes traffic disruptions due to dudes slowing to get an eyeful of Helen and Keller bouncing ever so lightly due to her peppy gait.

Actually, I am boogying to Lampshades on Fire by Modest Mouse. :dance:

JeJeTe

Happiness
I am no traffic engineer but I believe it to be this: Someone bumps into the other. In their distrust of the insurance and legal system they wont move to the side of the road out of the way and sit there until a Law Enforcement Professional shows up. This snarls traffic in the immediate vicinity. Cars now start to back up RT 4 to 235 south. Right turn lane traffic begins to back up. People unaware of the right lane back up, or perhaps those who wish to minimize stay one lane to the left of the turn lane to make maximum progress before becoming ensnarled themselves run up closer to the front, engage their signaling device and stop in the 2nd from the right lane. Soon the second from the right lane resembles the vehicular quagmire that is the right lane. This ripple effect spreads left until all of the travel lanes are impacted.

These people are the ones I'd like to ram with my car.

Midnightrider

Two possible reasons Pete. 1) No one knows how to merge into traffic. Or; and this is more likely; 2) No one wants to let someone in front of them/no driver courtesy.

Now, if it's people slowing to a crawl before they get to the bridge or once they're on the bridge, that's a whole different, confounding issue.

i think that is what usually starts it. People forget to press the gas as they start to go up the incline of the bridge. that causes an accordion effect that can cause rearenders and even head ons as people try to avoid hitting the slow guy in front of them...

DEEKAYPEE8569

i think that is what usually starts it. People forget to press the gas as they start to go up the incline of the bridge. that causes an accordion effect that can cause rearenders and even head ons as people try to avoid hitting the slow guy in front of them...

There's that, and brake lights on the bridge; either on approach; or after crossing; where the speed limit's only, what.....40 mph or less? That's where the accordion starts; people haulin'-a** to get over the bridge and have to stand on the brakes because the speed limit is a snail's pace.

BOP

Northbound from St Mary's, there's a curve there; peoples could fly off into outer space if they don't apply full emergency braking!

:smack:

DEEKAYPEE8569

Northbound from St Mary's, there's a curve there; peoples could fly off into outer space if they don't apply full emergency braking!

Naaahhh! Just don't hit this button whilst on the bridge.

Attachments

• turbo-boost.jpg
    turbo-boost.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 142