2nd try on horse property.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
This is for information purposes only. Way back when, someone was looking for property large enough for having a horse. Well I was told about a property through a friend that you might be interested in, if so please PM me for the information.

barncat

That was me and we have a contract on a gorgeous house in King George. It's a shame I had to look out of the southern Maryland region for something in our price range. I really didn't think a decent house with some useable acreage under $400K was too much to ask but apparently it was. The house in KG is brand new, more than big enough for us to grow, and the acreage only needs minor work to get it usable to retire my old man at home.

Thanks for thinking of me though.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
barncat said:
That was me and we have a contract on a gorgeous house in King George. It's a shame I had to look out of the southern Maryland region for something in our price range. I really didn't think a decent house with some useable acreage under $400K was too much to ask but apparently it was. The house in KG is brand new, more than big enough for us to grow, and the acreage only needs minor work to get it usable to retire my old man at home.

CONGRATS!!! how much acreage??

barncat

happyappygirl said:
CONGRATS!!! how much acreage??

Thanks, I'm so excited!! It has 4.25, but it needs some work. All the stuff that I'm going to clear is small, mostly bushes. I will have to figure out how to somewhat level the land, it's a little hilly. The land is long and skinny, which isn't the best but is fine for horse retirement purposes and the drainage field is at the far end.

I love the house, it has all the formal rooms I was looking for plus the space in the bedrooms and a basement to boot that we can finish the way we want to. There's hardly anything I would change to the house, just the kitchen light fixtures.

Once the old man comes home I'm going to get a minnie for my little girl so we can start the lead line classes ASAP.

barncat

Bustem' Down said:
Where at in KG?

The house is 8 miles from the VA side of the bridge, a 30 minute drive to Waldorf. We wanted to stay as close as possible to the MD side since both of our families are in MD and we both work in MD.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
barncat said:
The house is 8 miles from the VA side of the bridge, a 30 minute drive to Waldorf. We wanted to stay as close as possible to the MD side since both of our families are in MD and we both work in MD.
:liar:
NO WAY anything is a 30 minute drive to anywhere right now with all the traffic we have :lol:
Good luck with that, let me know how the drive REALLY goes. :biggrin:
I live 40 miles from Andrews, and THAT drive takes an hour and 15 mins EASY.

BUT once home it will be wonderful for ya...congrats!

barncat

happyappygirl said:
:liar:
NO WAY anything is a 30 minute drive to anywhere right now with all the traffic we have :lol:
Good luck with that, let me know how the drive REALLY goes. :biggrin:
I live 40 miles from Andrews, and THAT drive takes an hour and 15 mins EASY.

BUT once home it will be wonderful for ya...congrats!

I haven't made the drive in traffic yet, so probably will take longer, I have only made the drive on the weekends and it took 30 minutes. It shouldn't be bad because hubby and I will be commuting together.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
barncat said:

Happy for you!! With the amount of acreage I want,I'll be looking further south!! KY most likely..

barncat

SouthernMdRocks said:
Happy for you!! With the amount of acreage I want,I'll be looking further south!! KY most likely..

A fellow employee here did just that, bought land and a house in KY and is having a beautiful barn built.

I really wanted to build but it was out of our price range. The Meadows neighborhood had a really nice piece of land that I was interested in but after adding all the numbers is was $100K over what we were approved for.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
barncat said:
I haven't made the drive in traffic yet, so probably will take longer, I have only made the drive on the weekends and it took 30 minutes. It shouldn't be bad because hubby and I will be commuting together.
OHHH that DOES make it nice! ONE commute fee!
is it much farther than you used to drive?

barncat

happyappygirl said:
OHHH that DOES make it nice! ONE commute fee!
is it much farther than you used to drive?

Of course, we are spoiled and each work within ten miles of home. I've commuted to Bowie and DC before so driving from KG will be more of a normal commute.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
barncat said:
Of course, we are spoiled and each work within ten miles of home. I've commuted to Bowie and DC before so driving from KG will be more of a normal commute.
:tantrum I want YOUR commute.