3 Children Killed on Indian Head Highway in Oxon Hill in Motor Vehicle Crash

Lilypad

Sunday, December 30, 2018, at approximately 9:45 p.m., emergency personnel responded to a motor vehicle accident with entrapment on Route 210 (Indian Head Highway) at Wilson Bridge Drive in Oxon Hill.
The crash involved three vehicles, with 2 adults and 1 pediatric trapped in one of the vehicles.
Fire officials say three children died in the crash.
At least two adults were safely extracted and tended to by medics.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How terrible.

Without even knowing what happened, it's still terrible. Especially during the holidays.

littlelady

God bless the USA
This is one of the most horrific stories I have ever heard/read. I don’t, usually, start crying when reading a story. There was a pic of the fam on smnewsnet, today. Absolutely, tragic. The parents will never be the same. I don’t know how they will go on. Bring back the death penalty. God bless the parents, and prayers sent.

Maybe, it was mechanical failure of the truck, but I doubt it.

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/4465...led-3-children-killed-on-indian-head-highway/

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
How terrible.

Without even knowing what happened, it's still terrible. Especially during the holidays.

Thing2 was on duty last night -he worked all of NYE. He hsn't come by today, so I'm not sure if they had a lot of accidents/fires to deal with.

Even though he's been doing this as a "volunteer" for a few years, he is a rookie career FF/EMT with the PGFD. Once in a while, he texts me or I will check in with him to just say hi - so he has a support system, if needed. He texted me yesterday to ask if I had heard about this.

Mind you - I am more than proud as can be of him, and KNOW he is following his passion. He has/is trained for the job he has chosen, so in most circumstances - it is a "job" and he tackles it in the way he has been trained (continuously trains) to do. However, I can't lie - these are the types of situations that bother me the most for him.

When he asked me if I had read about that accident, I texted him back that I had. I also said this - "I know it will be very hard to have to go through those types of accidents. :( However, one way I look at it is that you are a caring person and you obviously chose this profession because of your passion and a desire to serve the public. I think that your service to people when you help them out in those dire situations of their lives - even if you can't save someone's life - is that I also know you will be decent & caring in your interactions with them."

acommondisaster

I left work at 3:00 am and the road was still closed. My first thoughts went to the first responders, as odd as that may seem. It must be heart breaking for people whose job is to save lives at all costs to come upon a scene like this. I know there are a lot of people praying for the family in this situation, but I think the first responders need some prayers for strength, too.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I left work at 3:00 am and the road was still closed. My first thoughts went to the first responders, as odd as that may seem. It must be heart breaking for people whose job is to save lives at all costs to come upon a scene like this. I know there are a lot of people praying for the family in this situation, but I think the first responders need some prayers for strength, too.
:yay: