3 Dead Cats/ Opinions Needed

Justme2

Sort of concerned I HAD 3 House cats never been out side to talk of. 2 were rescued from the PAWS I had roughly 10 years. The other Cat I had about 15 Years and it died from cancer of the belly.

OK My concern is that all 3 Cats have died in the last 4 months is this a fluke or am I missing something here????? Opinions Needed:shrug::bawl:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
What do you have against cats? Do you have children? Let the children go B4 you kill them too.

Sorry for your loss.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Sort of concerned I HAD 3 House cats never been out side to talk of. 2 were rescued from the PAWS I had roughly 10 years. The other Cat I had about 15 Years and it died from cancer of the belly.

OK My concern is that all 3 Cats have died in the last 4 months is this a fluke or am I missing something here????? Opinions Needed:shrug::bawl:

When was the last time they had been vetted?

ladyhawk

It may well have had something to do with their breeding. As with dogs, certain breeds live longer than others, genetics does play into this especially if they were healthy... then because they were together for so many years and after the first one died, the others followed, like spouses do after having been together for so long?

Could have been one or the other, maybe even a combination of both...
I just can't even begin to imagine how rough that has been..

June

buddscreekman

mamatutu isn't your neighbor,is she?

mamatutu

mama to two

Don't mind, budd, he must be under a lot of stress. If your cats were up to date on their shots, it couldn't be Feline Leukemia, which is very contagious. My 18 year old cat, GrayC, died 15 years ago. She seemed fine one day, and acted like she was having a stroke the next, walking crooked, etc. I found a really chewed up skink in the house. I researched it, and some believe the toxins/poison in skink skin is toxic to cats, but others say not. I hope you find your answers. And, I can truthfully say, I know your pain, and feelings of loss.:huggy:

RPMDAD

Justme2, so sorry for your loss. One dumb question how many of the cats were male. We just lost 2 unrelated cats within 9 months of each other and both were male neutered cats and both saw the vet regularly. One we had inherited from my sister when she passed away. His name was Petey aka Sir Petersworth, he was about 9-10 years oldhe was a Scottish Fold , got sick quick suddenly and took him to the vet and they diagnosed him with kidney cancer and basically said ther was nothing they could do, and had to have him put down. Then our sons cat Zero aka Zman approx 6-7 years old he was your typical black panther cat with jade green eyes, suddenly started acting sick on a Monday, took him to the vets on Tuesday and they diagnosed him with a urinary tract blockage and kept him and were treating him and called us the next morning and said his vitals had dropped drastically, and he was dying and his organs were shutting down. Wife and i cried like babies as he passed away in or arms. At that point in time I said we will never own another male cat.

Rt235

Take them to your Vet for a full necropsy. No one here can tell you what you wantor need to know, only your Vet can do that.
I am so very sorry for your loss.
Peace....

Justme2

Were the other 2 sick before they died?

Yes the one was sick for several days and not eating then just disappeared. I had to find her. When I did she was gone.

Her sister was a little diffent I did not notice anything strange and she was eating. But she pulled an "Elvis" I found her in the little box.

Justme2

Justme2, so sorry for your loss. One dumb question how many of the cats were male. We just lost 2 unrelated cats within 9 months of each other and both were male neutered cats and both saw the vet regularly. One we had inherited from my sister when she passed away. His name was Petey aka Sir Petersworth, he was about 9-10 years oldhe was a Scottish Fold , got sick quick suddenly and took him to the vet and they diagnosed him with kidney cancer and basically said ther was nothing they could do, and had to have him put down. Then our sons cat Zero aka Zman approx 6-7 years old he was your typical black panther cat with jade green eyes, suddenly started acting sick on a Monday, took him to the vets on Tuesday and they diagnosed him with a urinary tract blockage and kept him and were treating him and called us the next morning and said his vitals had dropped drastically, and he was dying and his organs were shutting down. Wife and i cried like babies as he passed away in or arms. At that point in time I said we will never own another male cat.

All the cats were Female. Two out of the three were related from the same little and Black as spades. The other one was Calico and was Two tone like a grayish green and white