3 Dead Cats/ Opinions Needed

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I'm sorry for your loss also. I had a male cat that was fine and one day I came home and he was dead, looked as if he had gagged a bit (wet mouth) but he was in his favorite sleeping spot and was dead. He was only about 7 years old. Weird.

If you are interested in the future in more cats please let me know. We have a pair of neutered male buddies that are a bit shy at first, but once they know you they like to be petted. They are now approx. 18 - 24 months old (need to check my records).

They are suspected of being from the same litter (per the original rescuer) but one is short haired and orange, and the other is a medium haired gray and white boy (my current avatar). They are bonded to each other, and they also get along with others cats. Excellent litter users too.

Attachments

• Creamsicle1.jpg
    Creamsicle1.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Smokey12252011.jpg
    Smokey12252011.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 47

gemma_rae

I'm sorry for your loss also. I had a male cat that was fine and one day I came home and he was dead, looked as if he had gagged a bit (wet mouth) but he was in his favorite sleeping spot and was dead. He was only about 7 years old. Weird.

Same thing happened to one of my cats about 20 yrs ago. I always wondered if he had a heart attack.

Just lost one in December too. He was fine until one day he tried to jump up on the sink and missed, he started moping around so I took him to the vet. His intestines were ate up with cancer and had ruptured. He was 8 rys old.

So sorry for your loss Justme2.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
How old were these cats? You had one for 15 years and the others for 10 but I never saw where you said their ages. Is it possible, if they were roughly the same age, it was just a coincidence they all died around the same time? Like some old people, animals will sometimes "give up living" when their mate or companion dies.

nelsonmuntz

Check your Radon levels in your house. Pets who spend a lot of time in a basement can be susceptible to cancer.Ive seen 3 young show dogs die within months of each other, and the house tested high for Radon.

BOP

Justme2, so sorry for your loss. One dumb question how many of the cats were male. We just lost 2 unrelated cats within 9 months of each other and both were male neutered cats and both saw the vet regularly. One we had inherited from my sister when she passed away. His name was Petey aka Sir Petersworth, he was about 9-10 years oldhe was a Scottish Fold , got sick quick suddenly and took him to the vet and they diagnosed him with kidney cancer and basically said ther was nothing they could do, and had to have him put down. Then our sons cat Zero aka Zman approx 6-7 years old he was your typical black panther cat with jade green eyes, suddenly started acting sick on a Monday, took him to the vets on Tuesday and they diagnosed him with a urinary tract blockage and kept him and were treating him and called us the next morning and said his vitals had dropped drastically, and he was dying and his organs were shutting down. Wife and i cried like babies as he passed away in or arms. At that point in time I said we will never own another male cat.

Cat rule #1: if they act sick, they're probably close to death. Had our vet tell us that one time. It's a kind of "err on the side of caution" rule that can save your beloved pet's life.

fromchaptico

I was going to say the same thing. My first cat passed away of old age at 17, and he was in great shape right up until the end. The next family cat was really just old at 12 - and they lived in the same house, with the same food, the same medical interventions, etc. We had to believe it was a difference in genetics.

Also, I have seen situations where when one goes and one is left, the one who is left doesn't survive very long without his/her friend. It is almost as if they die of broken hearts after losing their companions.

I am very sorry for your loss - it is heartbreaking to lose an animal you love. Hopefully in time, you will be ready to give another cat or two a good home.

Justme2

sorry for a slow reply

How old were these cats? You had one for 15 years and the others for 10 but I never saw where you said their ages. Is it possible, if they were roughly the same age, it was just a coincidence they all died around the same time? Like some old people, animals will sometimes "give up living" when their mate or companion dies.

They oldest cat was the calico. I got the other two as rescues from P.A.W.S.
The only thing that I know is that they were suppose to be sisters. The other thing is that the were about 2 yrs of age. I had the other cat for a while before them.
Thanks for the input .

Justme2

Microchips

I heard a Gossip thing that maybe the microchip that the cats were giving for identification purposes might of gave cancer after a period of time.

Anybody ever heard anything like this happening?????

mamaof1

Justme2- sorry for your loss. We just lost our boy about a month ago and I'm just praying the sister gets over missing him. :huggy: