30 Pieces Of Advice That Didn’t Age Well

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

30 Pieces Of Advice That Didn't Age Well, According To Folks In This Online Group

"Highschool is some of the best years of your life"

Yeah, I might have believed that b******t back then, but having lived an actual life between then and now, highschool was nowhere near my best years!

30 Pieces Of Advice That Didn't Age Well, According To Folks In This Online Group

“Everyone needs a college degree.” Trade school is absolutely the way to go for some people, myself included. And I did both.

20 years ago: Don't meet up with people you met on the internet and don't get in cars with strangers.

Today: Get into the car with a stranger that you've summoned to your house using the internet.

🤣

"if she says no, just be persistent! You'll wear her down eventually"

Edited to add: I took the question to mean "What was assumed to be good advice".

Like, if it was asking what good advice 100 years ago was, it would include things like smoking cigarettes whiner pregnant so you delivered smaller babies, or using cocaine to treat a teething baby. In hindsight, it's certainly not good advice. At the time, the culture thought it WAS good advice.

You need to memorize this cause you won't have the info accessible later

Don't forget to print out your directions from MapQuest before you leave